[Resolved] Instructions to dequeue some unused GP js (related to menu etc)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Instructions to dequeue some unused GP js (related to menu etc)

Home Forums Support Instructions to dequeue some unused GP js (related to menu etc)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Since I use a separate menu plugin (Max Mega Menu), can I assume that I no longer need the menu related js files enqueued by GP:

menu.min.js
    dropdown.min.js

If so, could you please kindly post the PHP snippets to dequeue these scripts?

Also I use the Sections module, but do not use the parallax feature, is it safe to also dequeue:

parallax.min.js

And if so, could you please also provide the code?

Finally, what is a11y.min.js for? Is it safe to be dequeued as well?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

If you’re not using the GP menu at all (not even on mobile), then you safely dequeue those files:

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'tu_remove_menu_scripts', 50 );
    function tu_remove_menu_scripts() {
        wp_dequeue_script( 'generate-menu' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'generate-dropdown' );
    }

The parallax script will only enqueue if parallax is turned on within a Section.

a11y.js is required for people with disabilities. It allows them to navigate your site successfully. I highly suggest you keep it.

Mike

Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response. I was able to dequeue the menu scripts as you instructed; however, the parallax.min.js was still loaded for my site even though all my sections had parallax set to “Disabled”. Upon taking a look at the plugin’s PHP file, I was able to infer that the name of the parallax enqueue script is generate-sections-parallax, so I added:

wp_dequeue_script( 'generate-sections-parallax');

to the codes you gave me, and it worked to get rid of parallax.min.js for me.

Thanks again.

P.S. I’m so happy that I found this great theme. IMO this theme literally should be WordPress’s default starting theme (instead of those Twenty xx every year…). It is just about everything a framework needs to be, and nothing it shouldn’t be. The more I use it, the more it amazes me how well-thought of everything is in this theme. I think you and everyone using this theme should pitch the idea to WP haha.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thank you so much for the kind words! I really appreciate it!

I’m glad you got everything working as you need it 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.