[Support request] Installed SSL, now "Customize" theme in dashboard keeps crashing.

Home Forums Support [Support request] Installed SSL, now "Customize" theme in dashboard keeps crashing.

Home Forums Support Installed SSL, now "Customize" theme in dashboard keeps crashing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joseph

So I installed Lets Encrypt SSL. Everything seems fine. I did include cpanel etc. on the cert. I redirected the site to https in the WP settings.

The header logo broke, so I’m trying to fix it, but anytime I load up the Customize tab in WordPress, as soon as I take any action (go into one of the submenus etc.) it’ll crash, and push me out to the site (site works). And it’ll leave this string on the URL

/?customize_changeset_uuid=753215ea-fe10-4e47-a8a5-7c7a072dbd8d&customize_theme=generatepress

Any idea what’s going on?

Just tried to increase the amount of php memory as suggested in another thread. When I tried it again, it said this for a split second before crashing again:

“WARNING: you are viewing this page in an unauthorized frame window!

Click here to resolve this.”

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm that’s strange. Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Joseph

Hi Tom,

Turns out, by disabling all the GP Premium modules, it worked. Then I added them all back in, and it still works.

But, I am using Pivot from the library, and now my hero image the hero headline/subheadline/call to action are all gone.

How do I get it back? Darnit. It was preinstalled by the theme so now I need to figure out.

EDIT: Okay I got it mostly back, but my navigation has a background color I’m trying to get rid of (before you start scrolling). Let me figure this out.

EDITED: Okay sort of figured it out, hopefully I didn’t muck anything up!

Joseph

Oops. Now the Customizer is broken again, only showing “Widgets” when I try to enter it. I did refresh browser cache as well as tried it on a new browser.

This is concerning as even if I fix it and it works, I’m always wondering if its close to breaking again.

This time, deactivating GP Premium, delete wp cache, refresh browser cache, isn’t doing anything.

Joseph

Ok, solved it again. I added some code to functions, as youtube calls are slowing my speed down like crazy, adding 1.3mb to the page per video.

So I deleted that, all is good for now.

I need to find a way to embed these videos without it slowing my site down. Thinking of trying this:

https://www.labnol.org/internet/light-youtube-embeds/27941/

Hopefully that doesn’t break anything.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That looks like a good method.

Glad you got the rest figured out! πŸ™‚

Joseph

All is well for now until I break it again!

At first I was slightly annoyed with the change to elements … but now I can see how it is much more useful!

One more question if you’re still reading, and maybe it needs its own thread. So I had an old GP Hooks set up with analytics code in it.

After updating, I no longer have the GP hooks module, but elements. But if I look at the source code, the tags are still in there via legacy I believe. How do I get rid of it?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you deactivate the Hooks module in “Appearance > GeneratePress”, they shouldn’t load anymore πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.