[Resolved] Installed Peak – No Hero Area – Also GP Hooks doesn't display in Appearance

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Installed Peak – No Hero Area – Also GP Hooks doesn't display in Appearance

Home Forums Support Installed Peak – No Hero Area – Also GP Hooks doesn't display in Appearance

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mikeb82

I recently purchased GP Premium, installed it and imported Peak from the Site Library. There is no hero area displayed as it is in the demo/preview. The site looks very different from Peak in the library. Maybe it’s a misunderstanding, but I thought the purpose of the Site Library was to provide a pre-made starting point for GP websites.

Also, according to the documentation I should see GP Hooks when I select appearance. GP Hooks does not appear.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

when you imported the site – the second step you’re provided with a warning check box that needs be checked for you to import the content – did you check the box and import?

You can run the import again to see if the content now appears.

GP Hooks was replaced by the Elements module:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/elements-overview/

It contains hooks, headers and layout module now.

mikeb82

Yes, I did check the box. I just tried importing Peak again. The site now looks different but it now looks even less like Peak in the Site Library. I’m going to blow everything away and start over again.

Thanks for the help. I found the hooks in Elements.

Mike

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Let us know how you get on.

mikeb82

I blew everything away, including WordPress and the database. I created a new db and reinstalled WordPress. I added GeneratePress and the the GP-Premium plugin. I was able to import Peak from the Site Library. It now looks the way Peak does on the website.

I have been working with WordPress since 2008. I really like GeneratePress, but the way the Site Library works is less than optimal. Having to trash the website to try a different “skin/layout” from the Site Library precludes using it on an existing production website. I’ll just stay away from using the Site Library on existing websites that have a lot of content. It will see a good bit of use on dev sites, though.

That being said, GeneratePress is a great platform. Recently, I looked at more than a dozen themes and tried 6 or so before deciding on GeneratePress. You have the best implementation of Customize that I have seen.

Anil

Hi,

I believe Tom and team has to write guide about re-creating sites similar to sites in site-library….

Bye.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you figured out!

Anil – Feel free to let us know if you have any specific questions about the sites in the library 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.