[Resolved] Installed GP premium but it doesn't look like your video

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Installed GP premium but it doesn't look like your video

Home Forums Support Installed GP premium but it doesn't look like your video

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kate

Hi,
    I have installed GP premium and it comes up in Appearance in WordPress. But it doesn’t look like your video on the GP premium page where the arrow is changing the navigation bar and font, colours etc and you can see things changing on the page to the right. How do I get it to look like that?
    Thanks for your help

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Kate,

First make sure your add-ons are activated:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/installing-gp-premium/#4-Β activate-your-add-ons

Then I think you are referring to the Customizer:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/finding-the-customizer/

Let me know if this answers your question πŸ™‚

Kate

Hi Leo,
    Thanks for your help. I activated the license key and clicked on the customizer – that sorted out the problem.
    I would be very grateful if you could answer a couple of questions? I am giving you permission to talk to me as if I am stupid because when it comes to IT – I am!!!
    I have been watching your GP premium videos. When I go into Appearance > GP in my WordPress, everything on the list is activated. On each of your videos, you show only one thing being activated. When should they be activated and when not?
    Also, please can you explain what ‘disable elements’ is for?
    Does the premium version have the WP Show Posts or do you have to add that as an extra? I can’t see it under ‘Posts’.
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Kate

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Kate,

No worries – there is a learning curve for everything πŸ™‚

– I think the purpose of the video showing only one add-on activated is to remind people to activate it πŸ™‚

You can have all of them activated all the time no problem. Some people choose to deactivate the add-ons they are not using so the site loads a bit faster (presumably) but even if it does normal users likely won’t notice the difference as GP is already lightning fast πŸ™‚

– WP Show Posts is a separate plugin.

Let me know if this answers the questions πŸ™‚

Kate

Thanks Leo – you have answered my questions.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad I could help πŸ™‚

Kate

Hi – please could you explain what the ‘disable elements’ is for? I’ve had a look at the video but I’d appreciate it if you could explain and give me a couple of examples?
    Many thanks
    Kate

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Kate,

It’s a page specific feature for users who want to hide certain elements on specific pages.

For example, some people don’t want to show the Primary Navigation on lets say the checkout page then they can just simply use the disable element checkbox instead of adding some CSS.

I think Content Title is another popular as a lot of users don’t want to show the page title.

If there’s anything you want to hide globally across all pages then there is a better way than checking the disable element meta box for every page.

Let me know if this answers your question πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.