[Support request] Instagram widget recommendation and Image size

Home Forums Support [Support request] Instagram widget recommendation and Image size

Home Forums Support Instagram widget recommendation and Image size

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Melanie

Are there any lightweight basic Instagram widget plugins that you recommend with GP Premium on the Wordsmith theme? I really need to show my Instagram account on my blog but I don’t want it to affect my page speed etc.

Also, how do I find out the maximum image size so that I can do away with the Smush plugin and just upload the correct size images to my media library?

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

all Instagram plugins will make 3rd party requests so they create some performance issues. Of the ones i have used, this came up tops:

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/instagram-feed/

The developer is active as well which is nice. Some features do require the premium version.

For image sizes Right Click over the image and Inspect. In the Developers console it will highlight the element, whilst hovering over it will display the image size being displayed. Look for the largest image being used. In my quick look around the site the largest image size was 693px being used in your post archives.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.