[Support request] Inserting text + date over image in WPshowposts/GBlocks

Home Forums Support [Support request] Inserting text + date over image in WPshowposts/GBlocks

Home Forums Support Inserting text + date over image in WPshowposts/GBlocks

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    robchanoi

Got you. Thanks Ying however the post title and date are now beneath the image.
    Using the marjin to push up the post date and title alters the height of each post, any ideas how to push up title and date while keeping same height. Thanks.
    Do u see green post date font btw – i have deleted cache twice but while white text in block it still comes out green.
    Tks.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Using the marjin to push up the post date and title alters the height of each post, any ideas how to push up title and date while keeping same height. Thanks.

Do you mean margin? This is what I see on my end:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/ezA89CiIYljU

Can you explain a bit more about your question?

And the color, I don’t see it on the frontend or in the code.

robchanoi

1. No I’m talking about the query loop we are doing here – the color of the post date on that.

This is a screenshot of what I am talking about:

https://menspleasures.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/image-green.jpg

2. The post title and date are now “beneath” the image.

(The screenshot above is with container not image block.)

With image block the post title / date are now beneath the image – how to do this as per the title of this topic:

“Inserting text + date over image in WPshowposts/GBlocks”

So yes – changing “the margin” by pushing up post title/date alters the height of the images.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Yes, the date is a Headline Block, and its color should be editable through its Block settings as well.

Well, if you want the text on top of the image, you would need to use the Container Block. However, you would need GenerateBlocks Pro to turn Container Blocks into links.

If you’re using an Image Block, we can use custom CSS to force the text to be on top of the image.

Having links on top of links is not allowed though, so if you plan to do that, you’ll need to remove the dynamic link setting of the Headline Block.

Hope this clarifies!

robchanoi

Thanks Fernando – Ill await earnings to improve and purchase Pro version.

Very strange on the green font – have changed it multiple times to other colors and back to white in the Post Date color settings/cleared cache x3 – I have no idea where it’s getting it from. I’ll delete what I’ve done & start from scratch – hopefully should fix.

Fernando
    Customer Support

That’s strange indeed. Can you try going to GenerateBlocks > Settings in your admin dashboard, and click on Regenerate CSS files?

Deleting and recreating the specific Headline Block for the date would also be a good idea to try.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

robchanoi

Hi there,

(green font resolved)

Just wondering, is there a way to sort the order they appear in the query loop.

Now they are ordered by date from new to old, top to bottom, or would this be in the paid version.

Thanks guys.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Robchanoi,

To do as such, you can add “order by” and “order” parameters in the block settings of your Query Loop Block.

Hope this clarifies!

robchanoi

Thanks Fernando, however I do not see order by, can you please explain where its located.

Tks

https://menspleasures.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/ql-order-by.jpg

Fernando
    Customer Support

Click on add parameter, it should be in the options if your GenerateBlocks is updated. The current version is 1.5.4.

Hope this clarifies!

robchanoi

Oh I see, sorry.

I saw another “order” somewhere in the QL but can’t for the life of me locate it again. What does that order do – dooes it order where the QL appears when you scroll downthe page?

tks

Fernando
    Customer Support

Order is to set the post order in ascending or descending order. So for instance, you can either set the post to appear from latest to oldest post or oldest to lates. It’s also in the list of parameters.

robchanoi

Edit – misread your answer – will seek out other order.

However, the 3 posts – they are unclickable – pls see link in box.

tks

robchanoi

Actually, irrespective of changing their order, they are still unclickable which is odd as working ok before.

Fernando
    Customer Support

In your Post Template’s Block Settings, in the spacing section, set the z-index to 1 or something higher. Kindly let us know how it goes.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.