[Resolved] Inserting php with hooks

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Inserting php with hooks

Home Forums Support Inserting php with hooks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Adam

Hello,

I have a cURL request that I would like to insert within my page content. I would like to be able to insert it anywhere within the beaver builder page builder, inside one of the columns for example. Is it possible to do this with a shortcode using code snippets? I tried but it did not seem to work.

I was trying the GP hook element which did handle the PHP properly and display the content but it is limited in that I don’t have the ability to insert it anywhere inside the content. I did see there is a custom hook option though?

Could you please advise me on the best method to use?

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Does the shortcode work if you add it to the normal post editor ( not Beaver Builder ) ?

Adam

Hi David,

Sorry for the slow response.

I have actually now had success with inserting the shortcode inside the normal post editor as well as beaver builder. The cURL content appears which is great. I have it placed inside the middle of 3 columns using the lightweight grid columns plugin. But it seems to ignore other elements on the page like the footer, it starts to overlap the footer content. Why would that be? Shouldn’t the columns and surrounding elements react and move around the inserted content? I am also having trouble centering the content within the column.

Its not currently live so I have linked to an example with this hosts.cx page.

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try this:

.lgc-column {
        height: auto !important;
    }
    .curl-carousel {
        position: relative !important;
    }
    Adam

Hey David,

Not sure why that didn’t work but the following CSS did so its all good now:

.curl-carousel {

margin: 0 auto !important;
      position: static;

}

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you got it resolved and thanks for sharing 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.