[Resolved] Inserting link as a photo caption automatically

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Inserting link as a photo caption automatically

Home Forums Support Inserting link as a photo caption automatically

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hasan

On my single posts I have a full-width photo and some description of the photo. I need to insert a like “License this photo” as a caption of the photo automatically on every post. Is it possible to achieve? Please help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so the caption – will this be the same for every post? And where would you want to place the caption?

Hasan

Hi David,

Yes, the caption will be the same for every post. It should appear just below the image, as it normally does when we provide a caption with the image on the Gutenberg editor. I’ve manually assigned a caption with the image on this post. It should be the same for all the posts: https://snapbangladesh.com/family-outing-ahsan-manzil-pink-palace-old-dhaka-snap-bangladesh-768/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Just to confirm are you manually adding each image using the Image Block ?

Hasan

You are correct! I am uploading the images on the media library and adding manually on the post with image block.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Maybe the easiest solution is to create a re-usable block, so add your image block and give it a caption with the link in the block editor. Then click the 3 dot menu on the block toolbar and select Add to Reusable Blocks. Save it with a name.

Then whenever you create a new post, add that Reusable Block, click the 3 dot menu to convert it to regular block and update the image.

Hasan

Awesome idea! That would be perfect for me! Thanks!! 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats great
    Oh a little tip, if you need it you can select multiple blocks by shift clicking them ( can be a little hit and miss ) and save them as one re-usable block.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.