Black Friday Sale! Get up to $30 off GP Premium! Learn more ➝

Inserting clickable text on home page

Home Forums Support Inserting clickable text on home page

Home Forums Support Inserting clickable text on home page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Reace

I would like to insert clickable text on the front page like in this website http://bly.com/new/index.html It is the text in the upper right hand side that reads “Need Great Copy? Click HERE right now!“. It is brightly colored so it attaches attention. And it clicks through to the contact page.

I would like the same thing. If it can not be attached to just the front page I will settle for having it in the right sidebar.

I have tried using the text widget and also a hook but it does not work.
    Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

If you’d like to insert it into a widget and don’t want to use HTML, a plugin like this may help: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/image-widget/

If you want to add it into your content, you can use the WordPress “Add Media” button.

Hope this helps 🙂

Reace

The problem is how do I create the text box so that it is clickable. The only thing that I can find is the page section that has the ability to link. Once I have created it I can place it in a widget

If I create the text box in the page section it would be too large.
    Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not too sure what you mean – can you link me to any examples?

Juergen B.

Dear Reace,

first problem: Your example website isn’t programmed in WordPress but something different (seems to be custom made). So you try to “match apples to pears”.

A good workaround seems to be the way Tom has suggested: the image plugin. first you have to design al little picture with this text (as picture!) in it. Then you put it into the image widget. Within the widegt you can set a link to wherever you want.

Hope that helps …

Kind regards
    Juergen

Curiosity killed the cat.

Jamal

Hi
    In the first image of the plugin screenshots you will see where to put the link to make the image clickable and link to another page or post. Hope thats what you were looking for.

Agressively support the kind of work you want to see. Buy it. Talk about it. Review it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.