[Resolved] Insert code in footer?

Home Forums Support Insert code in footer?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jacob

Hi best GP-team, I am not good with codes. This is probably super easy to solve but I spent hours and just could not solve the problem.
    I want to add a SSL-seal to my footer. This site gives me a HTML-code that I should copy and paste in the footer. But it does not come out well.(https://www.globalsign.com/en/ssl/secure-site-seal).
    So, there is something that appears in the footer that says “enable javaScript to view this site”. What do I need to do in order to make this “batch” look allright? Do I need a plugin to enter the code?

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Sorry where are you adding that code?

The code should work as it is.

Have you tried adding it in normal page content and see if that works?

Jacob

Appearence>customize>Layout>footer them under “copyright”.

Please see attched screen shot. The seal appears but looks a bit messed up and it says “Enable JavaScript to see this site seal”.

Ah, just realized I cant enclose a screenshot.

Anyway, I am using Elemntor for this page, is that the reason it does not work? I enter the code in WP though. Thanks!

/Jacob

Jacob

Sorry I mean “I enter the code in “GP” though” πŸ™‚ Thanks!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

I believe you can use the Hook Element for this. https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

Just paste your code on the code area and set the hook and display rules.

Alternatively, you can go to Appearance > Widgets and add a Custom HTML widget to the Footer Widget Area and place your code in it.

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Jacob

Thanks Elvin, I tried both your advice/ideas. However, none works. When I insert the code in a hook and display in the footer I can see two gray lines, that is all. But the seal does not appear. I checked pages where I do not use Elementor and it is the same thing there. I set the rule in the hook as “Entire site” but still it does not work..

So something happends but it seems like the code gets blocked somehow.. Thanks!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

The fact that you see the gray lines mean the markup is loading except for the seal image.

Upon further checking, you’ll see that the code has a script in it that has conditions that checks for a few things. This condition is related to the SSL certificate you’re using.

This is preventing the seal from displaying in your site. That said, you may have to setup your SSL certificate to fit globalsign’s conditions for their seal to work on your site.

As for the specifics of this, I’m afraid that’s out of GP’s support. You’ll have to ask GlobalSign for that.

A wise man once said:

Jacob

Thanks Elvin, that makes sense. I thought it was something related to GP that was the problem. Thanks, I will try another SSL-service!

/Jacob

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. πŸ™‚

A wise man once said:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.