[Support request] Insert a full width header with text above the h1 tag on the index page

Home Forums Support [Support request] Insert a full width header with text above the h1 tag on the index page

Home Forums Support Insert a full width header with text above the h1 tag on the index page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Carl Baker

Hi,

I am wanting to change an old static website to WordPress, I have a few things to add which I am not sure about. One being a full width image with text on the index page. I am using a child theme.

Ideally I would want the image directly below the top menu – The image is of a business woman, that currently is right aligned with text to the right and it spans the full width (above the right sideabr).

Do I need to add a new div in or will the page header function inside GP do what I need? I have watched the tutorial and had a play with it and I don’t think it will. If not is there a plug in or, if I need to add a new div would someone be able to point me to directions of how to do this using the child theme please?

many thanks,

Carl.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The page header add-on should work. For the blog page you need to use the customizer for now:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/blog-page-header/

Page Header add-on has been improved drastically in the beta version which would make this even easier. If you want to test it out: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/beta-testing/

Let me know.

Carl Baker

Thanks for the reply,

It’s on a page not a blog post, I’ll add the php code you linked to in my child functions.php file and let you know.

Thank you again for your swift response.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I think you would really benefit from the new page header format which you can test it out in beta ๐Ÿ™‚

Make things like this much easier.

Carl Baker

Hi,

I put the php code in my functions.php file and when I logged back into wordpress it did show an update available – ‘There is a new version of GP Premium available. View version 1.4-alpha.3 details or update now.’

When I click on update, I get the following message ‘Update Failed: Download failed. Forbidden’

I entered the php code into my functions.php file in my child theme without any alterations and currently it’s the only code in the child theme functions.php file.

Thanks,

Carl.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This might help: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/updating-issues/#getting-an-unauthorized-message

However, it sounds like you can just use the regular Page Header meta box to achieve what you’re wanting to do.

Carl Baker

Thanks Tom, I’ll see if I can find some more tutorials ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.