[Support request] Inner Page Headers

Home Forums Support [Support request] Inner Page Headers

Home Forums Support Inner Page Headers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kevin

I’ve been trying to figure out the following:

I would like my “pages” to have the featured image that’s attached to the specific page in the header however for my “posts” and “archives” I would like to use a preset image across all of them in the header. I would still like to have a featured image associated with the posts.

I’ve tried adjusting the display settings on the “inner page” header element but can’t seem to get this figured out. Do I need to create a new inner page element or is there a way to set up the display rules with the one already set up?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Kevin

One other question; when you bring up my site on a phone it says menu next to the three bars at the top right. However on a desktop it doesn’t say menu (just three bars). How do I add menu to the desktop view?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I would create separate Header Elements for each condition. That way you have full control over what each one does.

To add the menu text, try this:

.slideout-toggle a:after {
        content: "Menu";
        padding-left: 5px;
    }
    Kevin

Thanks. As for the code; is that something I can do in snippets? And if so is it as simple as hitting the add new button, copy and paste the code, then hit “save changes and activate”?

So lied; that wasn’t my last question. I had another one based on the demo pages from the aspire theme. The container with the text is pushed up into the header so it overlaps the photo; how can I implement that on my website and can I do it for the home page as well? My homepage is set up with Elementor but 90% of my pages/posts are not.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That code is CSS and can be added using one of these methods:
    Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Please do open a new topic for the separate question.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.