[Resolved] Increasing space between header image and header tagline

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Increasing space between header image and header tagline

Home Forums Support Increasing space between header image and header tagline

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Melissa Lines

Hi Tom,
    Thanks again for all your help in installing GP Add-Ons this week. I’m trying to do a little tweak in the Site title/tagline of my first-ever WP blog and can’t figure it out.

The tagline text is really close to the header image and I’d like to move it up/away from the image a bit. Not any closer to the site title, just further away from the logo/image.

Is there a way to do this without editing css? (Ha! I say that as though I know what edit CSS means. I don’t know what css is and am not ready to dive into figuring it out now).

Any easy way to accomplish this little tweak? Thanks! Melissa

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Melissa,

Unfortunately, you’ll have to use CSS for this. Luckily, CSS isn’t that scary! There’s a link below in my signature that explains the various ways to add CSS.

Whichever way you choose, you simply have to paste the below in and save:

.site-logo {
          margin-top: 20px;
    }

To increase/decrease the size of the space, simply alter the 20 above to whatever works for you.

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Melissa Lines

Whee! I installed your blank child theme, added the code you sent me, and I can now play with the space between header logo and tagline text. Thanks – you’re right css is not that scary! πŸ™‚

Basic question: When I add additional code to tweak this theme further, do I place it on this same Child page? And do I need to do something specific to separate the various code items that I add?

Thanks so much Tom!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Each time you need to add new CSS, you’ll add it to that same file.

Unless you’ll be writing your own CSS, you’ll most likely only be copying/pasting snippets in there, so I wouldn’t worry too much about separating them etc..

Of course, there’s tons of resources out there where you can learn the basics of CSS if you’re interested πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.