[Support request] Include custom font in editor

Home Forums Support [Support request] Include custom font in editor

Home Forums Support Include custom font in editor

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sascha

I have uploaded custom fonts and included them via @font-face declaration in Customizer > CSS.

Just realized that this way the fonts are not being rendered in the Gutenberg Editor.

I know that I can include them via Child-Theme, but would prefer to use a Code Snippet for including them in a way that will render the custom fonts in the editor, too.

I have checked this suggestion already: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/adding-local-font-to-generateblocks-advanced-typography
    but prefer a Code Snippet based solution instead of adding more files or creating Child Theme.

Any chance to help me with this?

Thank you in advance and kind regards,
    Sascha

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Sascha,

The code Tom shared on the same topic here – https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/adding-local-font-to-generateblocks-advanced-typography/#post-1222427 – is required as you’ll need a stylesheet that styles content on the backend as well.

But if you really wish to skip the file creation then you can manually type in the styling on a PHP snippet like this:

add_action( 'enqueue_block_editor_assets', function() {
        $css = '.edit-post-visual-editor__post-title-wrapper {
        display: none;
    }';
        wp_add_inline_style( 'generate-block-editor-styles', $css );
    }, 100 );

Which basically adds the value of $css variable to the stylesheet.

Adjust the value of the $css to the CSS you want to add on the block editor. 😀

Sascha

Hey Elvin,

thanks. I’m still irritated, that GP team does not support the usage of Custom Fonts in an easier way. Sigh … so let’s see:

I have added the code you have provided via Code Snippet and activated it.

But the custom-fonts which have been implemented via Media Upload, Customizer CSS & assigned via Typography, are still not rendered in the editor.

I did not undertand what you said with “Adjust the value of the $css to the CSS you want to add on the block editor.” and need further help.

Please note nad please bear with me: I’m not a programmer or coder, but use GP & GB extensively, know some CSS and can apply code snippets.

So if you (or David or Tom) can provide a more detailed tutorial, it would be very happy. It’s really painfull to search the forum or Google (where only forum posts are presented), and I wish you would extend your docs accordingly.

Sascha

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you have your @font-face CSS in the Customizer > Additional CSS then you can use this PHP Snippet:

add_action( 'enqueue_block_editor_assets', function() {
        wp_add_inline_style( 'generate-block-editor-styles', wp_get_custom_css_post()->post_content );
    }, 20 );

This will load ALL the Additional CSS in the Editor.

We’re working to make this easier in a future GPP update.

Sascha

Hey guys, none of the snippets are working 🙁

http://media.macbay.net/_support/GP-local-fonts-issue_27D61394.png

I have added the snippets via “WPCodeBox” plugin, but also tried via “Code Snippets” plugin, without any effect. Caching was flushed & deactivated.

Any chance to help me directly?

Sascha

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try this PHP Snippet instead:

add_filter( 'block_editor_settings_all', function( $editor_settings ) {
        $css = wp_get_custom_css_post()->post_content;
        $editor_settings['styles'][] = array( 'css' => $css );

return $editor_settings;
    } );
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.