[Resolved] Import export one click backup ?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Import export one click backup ?

Home Forums Support Import export one click backup ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    ian

Hi

Not sure if I am understanding import/export
    Is there one click button somewhere to backup all GP settings?

Or do I have to click on all 7 “export buttons” and “save copyrigh”t creating 8 file to backup all of GP

If there is not one click button any chance of this in the future ?

Ian

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Because all of these options are in different option rows, there’s no one button currently.

I’ll definitely look out for a solution πŸ™‚

Jay Martin

I would like to second the motion of adding a One-Click capability to export/import settings. Perhaps I am doing things wrong (or inefficiently), but I frequently find myself having to export an entire site’s GP settings from one site to multiple sites as a means of maintaining visual consistency.

Hopefully such a One-Click feature would not be too much effort. πŸ˜‰

Love your products, Tom. Kudos.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Each add-on has their own DB entry, which is what makes it very difficult.

Implementing a one-click import/export would mean moving all of the options into one entry, which would be nice – but is very scary from a developer standpoint. That would be a stressful update πŸ˜‰

I’m working on it πŸ™‚

Jay Martin

We appreciate your continuing efforts, Tom!

This may seem like an oversimplified solution, but at least for just “export”, can’t you simply effect the clicking of each of the buttons? The net result would be that all N files would be created using the default names, in which the user would specify that target directory.

Similarly, for “import”, have the user specify the target directory containing all the relevant files having the default names.

Just a thought.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting thought – thank you! I’ll play with it πŸ™‚

John

Hi Tom,
    I’m also missing the one click import/export. In my opinion, it would be better if all settings would be in one DB entry, but every theme would have own DB entry so if you switch between themes the current theme would not inherit settings from other. Thank you for all your effort making GP better.

John

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I agree. Something I wish I thought of before releasing initially. Now it’s much harder to switch to one DB entry, but I’m working on it πŸ™‚

Diego

Maybe the one click export button exports all the installed plugins options into separate files but gziped into a single file and then the one click import checks the files inside the gzip file and imports them into the correct place? just an idea n_n

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Good idea, thanks! πŸ™‚

Karim

+1 for this πŸ™‚

Jaakko PΓΆntinen

+1,

posted a topic about this just now before finding this.

You can do it, Tom! We’re rootin’ for ‘ya!

Sam

About to do this from a dev site to live site (client doesn’t want to clone…)

Is there any reason this plugin wouldn’t do the job? https://wordpress.org/plugins/customizer-export-import/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It might, however I *think* it only works with theme_mods. GP uses get_option so that the premium plugins and blank child themes can share the options with the parent theme.

sparkle

i would also like to see this ability.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.