[Resolved] Images with captions not displaying in excerpts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Images with captions not displaying in excerpts

Home Forums Support Images with captions not displaying in excerpts

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Helen

Hello
    I use Advanced Excerpt to display my excerpts with formatting and images. Recently it stopped showing some of the images. A bit of sleuthing indicates it is images with captions that don’t display in the excerpt (though they do in the full post); images without captions display normally in both excerpt and full post).

I’m wondering if this has to do with the fact that images with captions use a <caption> tag while those without use ?

I contacted Advanced Excerpt but they say nothing has changed at their end.
    I’m wondering if anything in GP might be causing this behaviour? Unf I did not notice when it first happened so not sure if it was associated with an update or not.

Hoping you might be able to give some good advice. Is there some code I can use to make excerpts display things with <caption> tags?

Thanks a million!
    Helen

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The excerpt is handled by WordPress itself actually so I doubt it’s something to do with GP.

The best way to test would be to activate a twenty series WordPress theme and see if there are any differences.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Helen

Yes you are right – the same thing happens with a WP theme. So maybe it is a WP update that has caused the problem.
    That being so – can you suggest any way of fixing it?
    Thanks so much.
    Helen
    PS and thanks for fast reply!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately the plugin is definitely the best solution.

Might be worth mentioning to them that it’s not working with default WP theme either.

I would assume they can fix it πŸ™‚

Helen

Thanks again. Will try this!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.