[Resolved] Images Not Showing on Index Anymore

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Images Not Showing on Index Anymore

Home Forums Support Images Not Showing on Index Anymore

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sean

All my header images I have used in the past would post correctly. It seems whatever I use doesn’t show on the home page anymore. Any reason for that? My old ones are still fine. Anything new I post, it doesn’t work.

http://sj3.me/

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by Sean.
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The only one that doesn’t have an image is the latest one, correct?

Have you set the featured image for it?

Do you have any custom functions added regarding the featured images?

Sean

It’s been a while since I messed around with it. But I had used the “Page Header” function before, for that purpose. All my other post don’t have a featured image, just the image from the “Page Header” addon section. And correct, it’s only the latest article. The only thing I can think of, is updating the theme/plugin had something to do with it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any reason why you’re not using regular Featured Images for this?: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/featured-images/

Sean

Well oddly enough, it works. Setting it to Featured Image. I know there was a reason it wasn’t an option before. I’m assuming the updates had something to do with this working better now. Perhaps I’ve been using page header because of how it looks on the blog page itself? Where the image is in a padded area above the article, and not inside? Only thing I can think of.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Featured image/Page Header should display the exact same. The only reason for the Page Header add-on is to crop the image, or use it along with some of the more advanced options (content etc..).

Sean

Whoa, you’re spot on. I removed the page header, and just let the featured image take over. Same exact thing. So long as I make my images the exact dimensions I want them to be, as I’ve been doing already. Perfect, one less step I need to do.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can always resize your images in the WP Media Library as well 🙂

The Page Header add-on is meant for more advanced page headers, when displaying just an image, Featured Images work great.

Glad it’s all working!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.