[Resolved] Images being resized

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Images being resized

Home Forums Support Images being resized

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Lina

Is it possible to make it so that some of the images I’m using in my blog entries don’t get resized?

What I want to accomplish is this:

An image displayed inline in the blog entry, but if opened separately in a new window, it needs to be the original size. The image is a website mockup and has to be a reasonable size so that the details can be viewed.

How could I get this done? I’ve tried various things, but WP just keeps resizing my images down (none are wider than 2500, but they are definitely taller).

Thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

could i see a post where i can see the issue with the image size ?

Lina

For sure, I’m sending the link. You can see that the first two photos are one size, and the third is a different size altogether. None are the size I actually want, they are just randomly resized to what WP wants. I’m sure there is a reason for it.

I just want the photos to fit into the post, but I want to be able to open them in a new tab to their larger size.

Thank you

Lina

Link

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

When you add the Image Block the page, do you have an Attachment size selected or any of the width / height fields completed ?

Lina

It looks like WP is resizing it when I upload the image. So for example, I try to upload an image that is 1500px wide… once it uploads, it’s only 400px across.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you go to settings > media, and check what’re the sizes you set for images?

Lina

Okay, I’ve changed these settings, but it’s still resizing my images down to a maximum height of 2560, even though the dimensions I’ve specified are much bigger.

Lina

Does it have something to do with the final size of the image? Would it be shrinking them down because they are too big in size (not pixels)?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Generally, the maximum upload size in WordPress ranges from 2MB to 150MB, depending on your web hosting settings. Your hosting provider usually sets this limit at the server level to prevent timeouts. The default upload file size on Cloudways is 10MB.

If you don’t get the error when you upload the image, it should not exceed the limit.

When you check the image in the media library, is the file size smaller than the one you uploaded?

Lina

Oh, I found it!
    Thank you so much for trying to help.

It was a setting in SG optimizer.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome 🙂

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.