[Support request] Image Optimization

Home Forums Support [Support request] Image Optimization

Home Forums Support Image Optimization

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ken

I’m trying to increase the page speed, and I need to optimize the images.

Question is: the small thumbnail images on the homepage for each blog post, should these images be sized for the small size they display at before I upload them (noting these images don’t display on the blog posts themselves)? Or is it best practice to increase the size (while maintaining the same proportions)?

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you’re never going to need to display those images any larger the in the Blog then yes upload them for the ‘largest’ size you need them displayed.

Looking at your blog responsively the largest they display is around 300px wide when viewed on a split screen landscape view on the iPad mini.

Ken

Hi David,

Thank you for that note.

Moreover, do you use any special web tools for your measurements? I don’t have access to an iPad mini, and I was looking to find out the max dimensions for both the home page thumbnails and pictures in the actual blogs (approximately speaking); because currently my site with Generate Press theme is fairly slow.

I’ve been using Chromes dev tools, but for the homepage thumbnail I’m measuring ~155×155 pixels (because it’s on my desktop).

Thanks again.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I use the Chrome Dev Tools responsive view just sad enough to have added the iPad Mini dimensions to the list.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.