[Support request] Image gallery missing navigation/arrows

Home Forums Support [Support request] Image gallery missing navigation/arrows

Home Forums Support Image gallery missing navigation/arrows

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Prisca

Hello
    I use Elementor with Generatepress pro. I created an image gallery on my portfolio page – this is my business website so it IS important for me to solve the problem asap.

You will notice that when you click an image it opens but NO arrow left or right to go to the next image which is very basic for any image gallery.

I tested it on a test site with OceanWP and it works. All same prugins – exactly same install. Only different theme. With Oceanwp we have 2 options for the Image Gallery in the Elementor widgets – with Generatepress only one. AGAIN – all same plugins on both sites. I love Generatepress because it is so much easier to work with than OceanWP BUT this is a big miss frankly ..

PLEASE HELP URGENT. It does not look very professional to have to go back to the thumbnails each time you want to open an image!!

Thank you so much πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so you’re using an Elementor Widget to display the carousel on your portfolio page – currently i cannot click on an image to open the lightbox? Am i looking at the right thing?

Prisca

Hello and thank you so much for replying.

I just changed it to the carousel but I would really prefer the image gallery. I can install it on a test page so you can see but it is very simple – no arrow when I click on image – lightbox OK but no arrows.

Look at the homepage about in the middle – same here – no arrow.

I am restoring the gallery also on my portfolio page so you will be able to see in 5 minutes. Don’t like the slideshow anyway πŸ™‚

Prisca

Gallery restored on portfolio page – the link I sent you before.
    Thank you πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK – what is the plugin you’re using for creating the content?

Prisca

I use Elementor

Prisca

Elementor pro .. sorry

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is that a standard Gallery Widget? The HTML markup looks different to Elementor…
    If it is then disable the Lightbox in Elementor – Edit Page > Hamburger Menu > Global Settings > Lightbox.
    And then install a plugin like Featherlight from the wordpress repo this will automatically provide a lightbox with carousel controls.

Prisca

I use WP Hide for all my sites.
    I really don’t want to add another plugin. I mean this feature – to be able to go to the next image in lightbox is so basic .. seriously .. I don’t understand why it is not working. I did try to disable and enable but no luch either way.

Thanks πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah ok – so GP doesn’t install a Lightbox, so its the standard elementor lightbox that has no carousel options. I believe OWP does which is why you see the different results.

the only solution is to use the lightbox plugin – with the Elementor one disabled the code base won’t be any different then if you’re using OWP.

Prisca

Just tested disable lightbox in Elementor global settings but then .. duh .. no more lightbox. So it is worse.

Any quick CSS you could give me so I can fix that problem please? In a way or another ..

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No CSS can’t fix the issue. Elementor doesn’t add that funtion hence the need for the other plugin. As per its name the Featherlight plugin is really lightweight so try installing that.

Prisca

This plugin hasn’t been tested with the latest 3 major releases of WordPress. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-featherlight/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Prisca

I always read the reviews – seems that simple lightbox add a lot of weight
    “Works fine, but heavy weight”

My site is 96 and 98 – pageload and ySlow on GTmetrix – loads in 1.8 s – so I don’t want to break that.

Is there a chance that Generatepress will fix that problem soon? I just went back to my test site – switch from OceanWP to Generatepress and sure enough .. arrows are gone so that totally confirm that it is a problem with Generatepress.

Very basic really – will you add this feature soon?

Thanks πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.