[Support request] Image center Gutenberg bug – maybe?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Image center Gutenberg bug – maybe?

Home Forums Support Image center Gutenberg bug – maybe?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jim

Hi,

Firstly, I am not using a page builder plugin as I know that Elementor can cause this issue.

My problem is that images do not center within the Gutenburg Image block despite setting the alignment to centered? I did initially solve the problem by giving it a class and setting it to display: block and auto left & right margins. This is a bit of a pain having to assign a class each time so looked on the GP forum and found David’s post #751335, which I have now modified to work using…

.wp-block-image .aligncenter img{
    		margin-left: auto;
    		margin-right: auto;
    		display: block;
    	}

This issue has also been flagged on Github by non-GP users and it seems to suggest it is always a theme issue?

Can you tell me if this is a bug with GP, Gutenburg or something else I’m missing please?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It looks like you’re using CoBlocks to put the image and text into separate columns. Where exactly are you wanting the image to show up?

Jim

Thanks for the reply Tom.
    Yes, I am using Coblocks but I did disable them and still saw the issue. You will see a centered logo below the LH image. This was what I was having trouble centering before I added the CSS.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, missed that image.

Are you removing the default CSS file that Gutenberg adds somehow? Via function or plugin? The CSS you added exists in that file by default, but it’s not loading on your site.

Jim

Hi Tom, Sorry for the late reply.

I found the problem was being caused by the ‘Disable Gutenberg’ plugin. I tend to use GP Sections just on the home page, which had previously not been working under Gutenberg so I was using the plugin to disable it on the home page.

I’ve just noticed GP Sections are working now (with the plugin disabled) is this correct?

Jim

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GP Sections should work with or without Gutenberg being active 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.