[Support request] illegal string offset 'custom_css_post_ID' since recent update

Home Forums Support [Support request] illegal string offset 'custom_css_post_ID' since recent update

Home Forums Support illegal string offset 'custom_css_post_ID' since recent update

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi ruzek,

Can you try Tom’s suggestion here?
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/illegal-string-offset-custom_css_post_id-since-recent-update/#post-771536

can you share with us the error log you’ll find? Let us know.

ruzek

Hi Elvin,

Yes, that was the error warning from the log πŸ™ƒ

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you temporarily disable ALL plugins to see if there is a plugin conflict.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Where exactly is this notice showing up? The code itself is inside the core set_theme_mod() function, so it should only generate when that function runs (which shouldn’t be all the time).

My guess is that it’s some sort of corruption in the theme_mod_generatepress option – perhaps it’s worth deleting that option so WP can generate a new one? You would need to reset your copyright, logo and menu locations if you do that.

ruzek

Thanks Tom. It shows when rendering the site: https://d.pr/i/tzZnln/evrqaIDjW9

I’ll give it a try to confirm, though I’m planning to restore a previous server backup at this point.

Wendy G

I also had this type of warning going across top of my website. I’d just updated Jetpack and a Yoast plugin and immediately the warning. I never found out the exact reason. I just restored a back up of my site from almost a week ago.

ruzek

My guess is that it’s some sort of corruption in the theme_mod_generatepress option – perhaps it’s worth deleting that option so WP can generate a new one?

I’m drawing a blank. Please advise how I can do this πŸ˜…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

it requires accessing the database and removing the broken option – before that – do you have a recent backup of the site you can roll back to ?

ruzek

I was looking in PHPMyAdmin but didn’t see the table β€” I forgot about pagination. πŸ™ˆ

Yes, always a backup!

ruzek

Alright, I deleted theme_mod_generatepress in PHPMyAdmin, and updated my site identity, footer and menu. The table has not been generated again, though the error isn’t showing now. Thoughts?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you’ve updated your logo, copyright, and menus, the option should be back in the database with those values (at the very end of the table). Good to hear the notice is gone πŸ™‚

ruzek

Thanks Tom! Hopefully this helps others out who come across the same issue.

David Perez Garcia

I’ve had the same problem and it was written an ‘r’ and in other project ‘A’. What would it couse this problem?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hard to tell – a plugin update could have corrupted the option using set_theme_mod(), perhaps?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.