[Support request] iFrame display issue

Home Forums Support [Support request] iFrame display issue

Home Forums Support iFrame display issue

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dave

Hey guys,

Due to a GoDaddy server issue, we had to ditch Gravity Forms to go with Jot Forms for all our contact form. Instead of being a plugin like Gravity Forms, Jot Forms embeds with either an embed code or iFrames.

I went rounds with Jot Forms support about why the form would display fine on desktop view and OK on mobile view, but when I do the Chrome “inspect” and select iPad, it displays the form off to the left with the same width as on a mobile phone. Their support did some digging and found no issues with the form – rather they say it has something to do with the theme and said to check with the theme developers. Can you take a look?

Here is the test form URL: http://www.clackamasfire.com/jot-form-test/

Thanks as always!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Dave,

This is because JotForm added the following style to the iframe element:

element.style {
        width: 100%;
        overflow: hidden;
        border: none;
        height: 830px;
    }

Which set the height always at 830px.

Let me know if this helps.

Dave

Ok so its not the height I’m worried about, its the width. Or am I not understand what you mean?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

ahh sorry misunderstood your question before.

Still don’t think it’s due to the theme though…There are a lot of CSS styles being applied to the form.
    What happens if you insert another iframe element, say from Youtube, Does it act normally?

Dave

Yah so I embedded a YouTube video using their embed code and the issue did not happen, it displays properly. Looks like it must be Jot Forms code… frustrating.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I would tell GoDaddy to fix their server issue and stick with a very well established and popular plugin like Gravity Forms or Ninja Forms.

Dave

I agree. I love Gravity Forms. Have you ever heard of server issues with GoDaddy and Gravity Forms? The main problem and the reason our IT department wanted to go with Jot Forms is because Gravity Forms was unable to send emails to Exchange based email servers. It would send to my Gmail, but not to my work email.

The problem existed only when we switched to GoDaddy (www.clackamasfire.com). When it was on the development server (dev.northwestfiretraining.com) through 1&1, Gravity Forms worked perfectly fine.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GoDaddy and Gravity Forms are both very popular, so I see no reason why they wouldn’t work together. Have you tried contacting their support team?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.