[Resolved] IE 11 compatability

Home Forums Support [Resolved] IE 11 compatability

Home Forums Support IE 11 compatability

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rich

Hi there, love the Theme! Only one issue, when I use IE 11 on the page, the theme does not appear to work correctly. Things are not where they need to be. Mozilla, Chrome all work OK. Is this by design? Anyone else having this issue?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It should work fine in IE11 – made sure to test it before the latest update.

Do you have a link to your website so I can take a look? You can email it to me if you don’t want it public yet.

Thanks!

Rich

Thanks Tom, the website is internal. But I can confirm that mostly the background and formatting is not correct when using IE11. Chrome and Firefox render it fine. I’m going to play around and see if I can find out exactly what is causing the issue. I’m running WP 3.9.2 version 1.1.1 of GeneratePress

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The background color? Image?

Text formatting?

I just played around with IE11 and couldn’t find anything wrong – maybe try updating to the latest version of GP.

Thanks!

Rich

I put in a custom image for the header, removed it did not make a difference. Cleared cache for IE and upgraded to 1.1.7 now but same issue. One thing that is interesting is that in IE 11 on the menu header there is a “skip to content” hovering menu item that is not there when I use FF or Chrome. I also customized the background color but I don’t think that would cause any issues right? I went ahead and played with all types of customizations. But no matter what, IE 11 will not render the website correctly. One interesting thing to note is that when it does render correctly in FF the header is WHITE with an Image that I’ve put up there. When in IE, you can see the Image itself (it’s white) and the BLUE (my customized color) all the way around it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Very weird.

Can you email me some screenshots to support@generatepress.com?

Do you have any other plugins installed?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is anyone else experiencing IE11 compatibility issues? I can’t reproduce any issues.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Going to mark this resolved. Reply in here to re-open if you need to.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.