[Support request] Ideal featured image size?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Ideal featured image size?

Home Forums Support Ideal featured image size?

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Payam

I am using generatepress for my website and need to create a customized featured image. What are the best dimensions for the default settings of this theme? I have not modified the css.

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That depends on the container width you are using and the content container width.

Something around 900px should do for you as your content container is around 877px:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/7bSe74XGP4

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Matthew

Howdy,

Referring to the screencast link, for that div with the ID “primary” mine displays 825 x 3291 on googles inspector. So then I should size my featured image at about 850 px?

Does GP resize the image down to neatly fit the 825 px container width? If so, how do I ensure this, by leaving the Width and Height values in Layout > Blog > Featured Images set on “Auto” in the Customiser?

Also a related question: does GP register any additional image sizes or is it just the ones in Media Settings in the WordPress dashboard that are generated?

thanks,

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

images that are larger than their container will scale down to fit. Yes if you leave the featured image sizes to auto then GP will not resize them.

No GP doesn’t add any other thumbnail sizes – the GP Blog settings is a separate thing, it resizes the images on the fly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.