[Resolved] Icon issue on new website

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Icon issue on new website

Home Forums Support Icon issue on new website

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mikeb82

I just installed a new website on BlueHost (a web host that the client selected). Once I overcame the hurdles that BlueHost presented and got the new website migrated I noticed that the site isn’t rendering icons properly. The dropdown icon on the main navigation menu renders as a small square. Next, I noticed that the icon for the back to top button renders as the same small square.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

go to Customizer > General and change the Icon Type to SVG – make sure you clear any caches after making this change.

mikeb82

Thanks David! That took care of the issue.

An issue I noticed in Customizer is that the preview panel doesn’t display. Instead, this messag is displayed:

Unauthorized. You may remove the customize_messenger_channel param to preview as frontend.

??? I’ve never seen this before in the dozens of sites I’ve built where I used the Customizer.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’ve never seen that issue before either.

Can you go through the debugging steps first (disabling all plugins, custom functions etc)?

If that doesn’t work, can you open a new topic so it’s easier for us to track the issue if it’s indeed one?

Thanks!

mikeb82

Thanks Leo,

This issue was caused by the sketchy hosting environment provided by BlueHost. While diagnosing the multiple issues, I encountered a “phantom” WordPress installation and database when there should not have been one. I fixed the multiple problems by deleting everything and starting over. Once I had a clean hosting environment and a fresh new database, I uploaded my Duplicator Pro installer script and the zipped website from my staging server. Everything ran and installed perfectly, and all the problems were gone.

This was a BlueHost issue, caused by BlueHost. In 4 online chat sessions with their support staff, none were able to identify and correct the problems. One of them apparently went into the site and installed the Classic Editor into an all Gutenberg website! I had not done a BlueHost installation in over a year. I discovered that their already iffy support has gotten worse. Now, they are just another once solid hosting company made mediocre by EIG.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear and thanks for reporting back 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.