[Resolved] I find the page hero too tall…

Home Forums Support [Resolved] I find the page hero too tall…

Home Forums Support I find the page hero too tall…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Shannon

Is there a size of image I should be using? I’m finding it seems rather tall, but I can’t seem to figure out what setting to change so that doesn’t happen…

Also, when scrolled fully up on the page, when I then expand and shrink the browser to see how it looks, it seems to make the page hero even bigger without showing the text down below. I’m not sure what causes that? Can it be turned off… like some setting where the hero image only gets so big?

So far the image I’m using is just a sample to try a hero image out. I’m not wanting something where you have to scroll so much. Changing the size of the image so that it is shorter did not seem to help… it just scales it to fit.

Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Looks like you have full screen option turned on.

If you turn it off then the page hero height is determined by the top and bottom padding:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/#page-hero

You currently have 400px for the top and 50px at the bottom:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/EpStd7tu

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Shannon

I just changed it from 400px to 100px and the height of the image did not change at all.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Did you turn off full screen?

Shannon

When I didn’t have “full screen” on, the content was way down at the bottom. I wanted it centered.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you apply it so I can see the issue?

You will have to turn off full screen if you want to make it smaller, because full screen is full screen.

Shannon

Ok. It’s now working… but when I first started it was stuck at the bottom no matter what I did… when I turned on full screen that seemed to fix it. Now that I turned it off it is working fine. I’m not sure why… perhaps there is some other setting that fixed it? I don’t know.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So it’s all working?

Shannon

It seems to be! I don’t know why, but it is. Anyway, thanks! I’ve just started using this theme, so it’s all very new to me.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I agree that page hero can be confusing when you first started because of the number of options available.

Looks like you’ve found our page hero examples page already so that’s definitely a good start πŸ™‚

Shannon

Yep. That was very helpful and I added in the custom css too. It does seem to work well. Now that I figured it out. Hopefully my next one won’t cause me too many issues.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

We will be happy to help if run into more problems πŸ™‚

Gergo

Hi there!
    I have the same issue, but I don’t find that “full screen” checkbox.

The padding options come right after the “horizontal alignment” option

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the full screen option only appears if the on the Site Header tab you have this set to merged.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.