[Resolved] I can't use fonts or colours on the page. I have GP premium.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] I can't use fonts or colours on the page. I have GP premium.

Home Forums Support I can't use fonts or colours on the page. I have GP premium.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Bill

I only just installed it a couple of days ago. I am trying to write next to a picture on my home page. I watched on youtube the basic functions instructions but it looks different on mine. I would like to use colour and change font size. I checked and I am using 1.8.2 . My host told me I have the latest version 5.2.
    Thanks
    Bill

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Bill,

Are you trying to change the font and text colors inside the editor as you write your posts?

The GeneratePress options for typography and colors can be found in “Appearance > Customize”. Make sure you have the modules activated in “Appearance > GeneratePress” as well.

The options you change in the Customizer will apply to all of your content across your site.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Bill

Hi Tom I herd a lot of good things about you. Look I am new and yesterday I asked myself, what have I got myself into? Anyway I am here now I built my site with crazy domains using sidebeat.
    But I want to learn and get my page to rank high.
    So I need to upload a logo without a background, I changed formats and reduced the size but the background still there, any ideas?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In order to have a logo without a background, you need the actual image to have transparency. In your case, the image has a white background which would need to be removed using an image editor (Photoshop for example).

You may be able to find a similar image that is transparent. You just need to search for “PNG” images, which usually have transparent backgrounds.

Hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Bill

Thanks I thought I did that but the back ground comes back. Not to worry I need more time.
    I have another issue that I can’t solve on my own. I have a page there somewhere I can’t get it back to link it properly. Please see on my website. http://www.ijumpjumpingcastles.com.au/home/ the page appears first than it goes somewhere. It is supposed to be linked with the first click on Mini castles the home page. I have a hole in my head from all the scratching.
    Greatly appreciate your help.
    Regards
    Bill

Bill

I found the page that opens when the site is called up, I linked it to the click here option on the home page fist block ( the minis ) it open ok but it also opens as the home page, even though the right home page opens when selected. How can I fix this?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not sure I fully understand. Are you trying to add a link to the “Click here” text on that page?

Bill

Yes I have 6 Click here on the first page and I am need to link a different page to each click. But I went wrong somewhere and the link works back to front, so when the website is called up this link appears first and not the home page.
    Sorry I am in front of the computer all day trying to figure it all out on my own.
    Thanks again.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you add a link to one of them so I can see the issue?

Bill

If you go to http://www.ijumpjumpingcastles.com.au you will see the list of minis loading up rather than the home page.

Bill

I need this list to be linked to the click here options on the first page.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, lost me a bit there. So the gallery on the home page should link to individual pages?: http://www.ijumpjumpingcastles.com.au/

Or the “Click here” links on this page should link to the home page?: http://www.ijumpjumpingcastles.com.au/home/

Bill

Yes to the first option. Sorry to confuse you.

Bill

I managed to unlink the wrong start up page to the home page. Good. But I just tried w3 cache plugin and emptied history, cookies and cache, but still I can not link the page to the CLICK HERE.

Bill

So I copied the URL and paste it to the click here link option and update but no luck in getting it to work.? I am not sure on what else to do, there are no you tube video help.
    ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.