[Support request] I can't update my GP plugin

Home Forums Support [Support request] I can't update my GP plugin

Home Forums Support I can't update my GP plugin

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Fernando

Dear support
    Could you check why I am not able to update the GP plugin?
    Looking forward to your comments
    Best regards

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you’re using 1.7.8 that is the latest stable release of the plugin.
    If you are trying to access the 1.8 Alpha you can download it from your Account on this site.

Any other update issues are generally resolved by going to Appearance > GeneratePress and if the License Key is present just hit the save button.

Fernando

My site has GP pro 1.7.7 but doesn’t let me update to 1.7.8
    I’ve entered the license too.
    What could be the problem?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Check in the Dashboard > Updates and click check again a couple of times so if that works.
    Also on this site go to Accounts > Downloads –> go to Purchase History and click View Licenses and then click Manage Sites, check to see the your Site is included in the list. If not then add it there.

Fernando

Hi David
    No luck

Please take a look in these images

Any idea?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The unauthorized error is generally because the license key needs to be re-activated. Just by clicking the Save button one ( or twice )

Fernando

Nop, I did it several times and it hasn’t worked 🙁

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Odd – you can just download the latest plugin from your Account. Deactivate and Delete the current plugin, and install the new version. Don’t worry your settings will not be lost when you delete the old one.

Fernando

Hi David
    Does it mean will I have to do these steps every time I have to update the plugin?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No – it should automatically alert you for an update and allow this to happen. The only time it really becomes an issue is if the Site URL has been changed. This is not normal. Does this happen on your other sites?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.