[Resolved] I am a newbie to website building, non-coder. Please advise on website creation

Home Forums Support [Resolved] I am a newbie to website building, non-coder. Please advise on website creation

Home Forums Support I am a newbie to website building, non-coder. Please advise on website creation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Janani

Hello team

Please find attached my basic website design.

As you can see, it is a basic website with minimal frills.

Only on the home page, I would like to give a slider to the two images, as that helps me to explain the product better. And it also helps to give a feel of what this is about.
    This is the only fancy thing on the entire website.

How do I go about creating this website? Do I need a page builder, or can I do this with GP premium itself?

I would like to avoid page builders if I can, because they slow down the website. Unfortunately, I do not know the ABCs of coding, so I am not sure if I will be able to manage. Please advise.

Also, please provide me your feedback on the design.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The link you provided requires permission so I’m unable to view.

Any chance you can unlock it so we can see?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Janani

Hello

I have changed the sharing settings. Can you please try now?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The header and navigation can be done with GP pretty easily.

– Upload a logo:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-header-logo/

– Set header alignment to center:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-layout/

– Navigation location to below header and alignment to center:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-location/
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-layout/#navigation-alignment

The rest could definitely be a bit difficult if you don’t know any coding (HTML and CSS) at all.

In this case I would recommend using a page builder like Beaver Builder or Elementor.

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Harry

Hi,

I would recommend the free version of Elementor. It takes a bit of practice, but watching some tutorials on youtube will help. It took about 1-2 hours to play around with the settings to get comfortable with it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks Harry πŸ™‚

Janani

Hi

Thank you all. My only problem with page builders is that I have heard they slow down the website. But if you say that coding is absolutely required,then I guess I don’t have choice.

i tried installing free version of elementor,but it does not work.can you help?

Also,under elements -page hero,I have rescaled my image to 1600*1000 and set it as background featured image.but only part of the image appears on screen.why is this?do I need to crop the image or change something in the settings?

Harry

Hi,

Make sure you click on activate Elementor in the plugin settings. I had this issue with a plugin recently and didn’t realise it wasn’t activated. When you go to the post section you will see an option to edit with Elementor.

Janani

Hi,

No, the plugin is already activated. I have done all troubleshooting as mentioned by the elementor team, but nothing works. I have even contacted my hosting company. Still does not load. Not sure what the problem is.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Header Elements – they place your Image as a CSS Background image that is set to cover the element, to make the image remain visible use % top and bottom padding instead of PX to keep it in scale. To calculate the % padding you need:

Height of image / Width of Image x 100 e.g 1000 / 1600 = 0.625 x 100 = 63% (rounded).
    So now split that between top 32% padding and bottom 31% padding.

What exactly is the issue withe Elementor ? Is the Edit with Element button visible? If so what happens when you click it ? Any errors or is it a white screen?

Janani

Header: I have given the padding exactly as you said, but the complete image is not visible on the screen. Only part of it is visible.

When i click on edit elementor, I only get a white screen.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you have content within the Header Element then this needs to be considered within your padding. Theres no simple way to calculate that but try reducing the padding % down until the image is visible.

Elementor – this is generally to do with PHP memory being too low: Need a minimum of 256meg or the PHP version which should be 7.x.

Janani

Hi
    How to check PHP memory?and how do I increase it?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Janani

Hi, I am doing this without Elementor.
    I have adjusted the height and width of the page header. I have also cropped the image so that it fits the page. All is good except the last bottom of the image.

The last bottom of the image still not appearing although there is still space. Instead, the next section starts appearing at the bottom of the page header. How do I correct this and make the full image appear?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.