[Support request] HTML not holding in Top Bar ! Visual Editor

Home Forums Support [Support request] HTML not holding in Top Bar ! Visual Editor

Home Forums Support HTML not holding in Top Bar ! Visual Editor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark

I have a GP site at staging5.nimblethimble.com. I would like to change the background color and padding of the Visual Editor widget in the Top Bar. However, when I edit that widget and enter values using the Text mode, the changes look good when I visit the site. However, the next time I do to the site, the changes are gone. When I look at the Visual Editor Text window, the changes in the CSS are not there.

Is this an issue with the Visual or TinyMCE editor, or is there something I can do?

Thanks,

Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that widget has inline styles which are displaying on the front end – did you add them manually in the HTML ?

What colors should they be?

Mark

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me. I was trying to make the background color of the “Announcement” the light blue ( #dbe4f7 ) that is used for the background in all of the content pages. In addition I was trying to add 10% left and right padding, along with 5% bottom padding.

I remember that the Tiny MCE Advanced editor had an option to preserve HTML when switching back to visual mode. Do you think that is what is happening here, since when I switch back to visual mode, the formatting that I implemented in the “text” mode is gone.

Thanks,

Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you tried using the HTML Widget ? It should preserve any HTML you set ( no visual mode to mess things up )

Mark

Hi David,

The problem is that I am designing this for someone who doesn’t have a lot of technical know how. She need to constantly change the announcement message, so I though that using the Visual widget would be easier for her to use. That is why I did not use the regular HTML widget.

Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Instead of adding those styles inline for background and padding could use this CSS instead:

.top-bar #black-studio-tinymce-3 {
        background-color:#dbe4f7;
        padding: 20px;
    }
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.