[Resolved] HTML Editor Syntax Highlighter

Home Forums Support [Resolved] HTML Editor Syntax Highlighter

Home Forums Support HTML Editor Syntax Highlighter

• This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Alain Aubry.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Alain Aubry

Hi
    I am using “HTML Editor Syntax Highlighter” plugin. It has worked 100% everywhere, except when I enable “sections” in a page.
    Is there any way of enabling it in that particular case.
    Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you just starting to build the site?

If so I would highly recommend using our upcoming block plugin GenerateBlocks to achieve the layout you are going for:
    https://generateblocks.com/

It’s currently in Beta testing but we are moving along nicely and getting ready for the official release soon:
    https://generateblocks.com/install/

One of the main goals of the plugin is to replace the old Sections add-on which won’t be getting any updates now.

Alain Aubry

Hi Leo

Thank you for the heads up, I will definitely take a look at the new plugin.

Now, answering your question: no, it is an old site and in a few pages I use “sections”, but when I do I cannot see the Syntax Highlighting. It would be nice.

Also, I have a similar problem when using Gutenberg, the Syntax Highlighting plugin works fine, but the WordPress design allows for a narrow “code editor” screen, just 580 px, while the normal “visual” editing screen is 1160 px.

Up to now I have disregarded the use of Gutenberg because it is difficult to edit html. I normally edit the html and many time I add some inline css.

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sections won’t be getting any updates anytime soon unfortunately.

What does the plugin do? Maybe we could use some CSS as a workaround?

Can you link me to an example?

Alain Aubry

Hi Leo

The plugin highlights the HTML syntax, just like editing in Atom or Sublime, you see the opening and closing tags, the links, images, etc.

Take a look: https://wordpress.org/plugins/html-editor-syntax-highlighter/

Before discovering it, I was moving chunks of text to Atom, back and forward.

Thank you, Alain

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looks pretty cool. I’m not sure if it’s possible to integrate with Sections – it depends on how they’re initiating their plugin. I assume they’re only targeting the core editor (why wouldn’t they), which is why it isn’t initiating within our Section editors.

Alain Aubry

Hi Tom

I am happy you like it.
    I can open a ticket with them, but we need to give them some information.

Thanks, Alain

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m going to assume there isn’t much they can do. We’re using the wp.editor javascript library in WordPress to initialize the Sections.

If there’s a way to hook/filter into their plugin and apply it to our Sections, I’d be happy to take a look. However, Sections is likely a module that will go away at some point with the emergence of the new editor/GenerateBlocks.

Alain Aubry

Hi

I passed along your question about the hook/filter.

If in the future the Sections module has to go away, the few pages I use it can be converted to something else.

I will try your GenerateBlocks plugin, it seems VERY interesting.

Thank you
    Alain

Alain Aubry

Frank says it is too much work and he is already creating a new version.
    The answer is here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/compatibility-with-generatepress-theme-2/
    I am closing this.
    Thank you all.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I figured as much. Let me know if any info is needed once the new version is out 🙂

Alain Aubry

You are so supportive!
    The new version has been in the works for about a year… Maybe this little push gave him the needed energy!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.