[Resolved] How to use two different fonts in two different pages?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to use two different fonts in two different pages?

Home Forums Support How to use two different fonts in two different pages?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Chaitanya

Hi GP Team,

I want to use different google fonts in my site (One in homepage and Other in rest of pages). I’ve followed one approach, it is working but all font-weights are not loading.

I am not able to use any other font weight rather than normal and bold, it is making font bold though font-weight: 600; is given.

add_filter( 'generate_typography_google_fonts','generate_add_more_fonts' );
    function generate_add_more_fonts( $google_fonts )
    {
    	return $google_fonts . '|Nunito|Lato';
    }

Could you please help me out to get all the font-weights.

Also, please suggest me a better approach rather than this if any.

From Google Fonts:
    <link href=”https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Nunito:ital,wght@0,200;0,300;0,400;0,600;0,700;0,800;0,900;1,200;1,300;1,400;1,600;1,700;1,800;1,900&display=swap&#8221; rel=”stylesheet”>

Thanks in advance.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know 🙂

Chaitanya

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the quick response. Attached my site. Please have a look.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Little bit confused.

I’m seeing this CSS:

.home {
        font-family: Nunito, sans-serif;
    }

What if you just do this?

.home {
        font-family: Nunito, sans-serif;
        font-weight: 600;
    }
    Chaitanya

Hi Leo,

Sorry, it’s a bit confusing one. I want to make some headings as semi bold and some as bold.

I tried your solution earlier, but i didn’t see any difference between font-weight: 600; and font-weight:bold;.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That CSS would work for body font and not for headings.

Can you let me know the exact heading (which page and which text) you are trying to change?

Chaitanya

In Home page (front-page), I want to change all h3 & h4 headings as semi bold.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Would this work?

body.home h3 {
        font-weight: 600;
    }
    Chaitanya

Tried it and I cannot see any difference between font-weight:600 and font-weight: bold.

I’m using Nunito font in home page which is different from all other pages.

I’m not sure whether I followed the correct approach or not. Please let me know if any other way to use two different fonts in a site.

Thanks

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Chaitanya,

Can you check Appearance > Customize > Typography > Body?

I believe Nunito is assigned but, do you see other variants added such as these?
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/Kouwxpj8

I’ve been testing your site and notice that only 2 font weight seems to work. 600 and the normal one.

Perhaps other variants were excluded here.

I believe adding variants here will let you have more options.

Can you try adding 500(usual weight for semibold) and 700(usual weight for bold)?

After adding, we can then assign font-weight:500; to h3 & h4 and font-weight:700; to h2 for significant visual weight distinction.

Chaitanya

Hi Elvin,

In Appearance > Customize > Typography > Body,

I’ve used Lato. I want lato in all other pages except home page. But in home page I want Nunito font with all font-weight variants.

I’ve followed the below approach to do so but unfortunately it’s not working for all the font-weight variants.

{
    	return $google_fonts . '|Nunito|Lato';
    }

Is it the correct approach?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Oh now that makes sense. The font you’re adding didn’t ask for the variants.

I’d change that to this.

{
    	return $google_fonts . '|Nunito:ital,wght@0,400;0,600;0,700;1,400;1,600;1,700|Lato';
    }

You can even extend Lato if you need its variant font weights too by adding |Lato:ital,wght@0,400;0,700;1,400;1,700 instead of just plain |Lato.

If you’re curious, I took the format from google embed codes generated here. https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Nunito?sidebar.open=true&selection.family=Nunito:ital,wght@0,400;0,600;0,700;1,400;1,600;1,700

and here – https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Lato?query=Lato&sidebar.open=true&selection.family=Lato:ital,wght@0,400;0,700;1,400;1,700

Chaitanya

Thanks Elvin. It’s working now.

Still have a question, For lato it’s working fine without adding any font variants there.

In Appearance > Customize > Typography > Body,

I have selected all the font variants there. Is it enough or do I really need to add the wanted font-weights in functions.php ?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nice one.

Still have a question, For lato it’s working fine without adding any font variants there.

If you look closely, Lato has the same issue.

It also only loads normal/regular(400) and 600. If you try to set its font-weight to less than 400 or more than 600, it won’t change.

I have selected all the font variants there. Is it enough or do I really need to add the wanted font-weights in functions.php ?

You don’t have to add it into the code if it’s already set on the Customizer settings. Else, you’ll have to add it in.

Chaitanya

Thank you so much Elvin.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.