[Support request] how to use chars instead of image in the sticky navigation logo?

Home Forums Support [Support request] how to use chars instead of image in the sticky navigation logo?

Home Forums Support how to use chars instead of image in the sticky navigation logo?

• This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Silvio

Hi,

is it possible to use the site name (chars) instead of a logo in the sticky navigation? I assume it would require an hook, but what?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

have you tested GP Premium 1.8 Beta ( available for download in your Account > Downloads ).
    Site Branding is now an option for the Navigation.

Silvio

found it!

it was a bit of a mess find this, because you didn’t write about that in the announcing post. May I suggest to add a “site branding” voice there?

anyway thanks, it is very useful.

Silvio

Not solved 🙁

The site branding option is only available for the mobile header menu.

I would like to use the site title in the sticky navigation, but here I can only use the logo. It would be reasonable to add the same option here.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In the Customizer > Layout > Header if you check the Site Navigation as header the option to use Site Branding becomes available.

Silvio

ok, I am missing something.

Let’s say I want to have a header with navigation float right, and I want the sticky navigation that fades in when scrolling back, but is hidden when scrolling down. I set my header, than activate the sticky navigation, but I have not an option to set the site title to use text instead of logo.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

To do this would require using a Hook – this article here explains how:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/sticky-site-title-issue/#post-673381

Silvio

could you help with the css?

staging3.silviogulizia.com

to view
    silvio
    g8l1z14?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The login didn’t work for me.

Silvio

Sorry I added a question mark for mistake.

silvio
    g8l1z14

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is sticky navigation activated currently?

I’m not seeing it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.