[Resolved] How to Transfer Work Done on GP Free Version to GP Premium Theme/Template

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to Transfer Work Done on GP Free Version to GP Premium Theme/Template

Home Forums Support How to Transfer Work Done on GP Free Version to GP Premium Theme/Template

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Annie

Would you please help me with this issue?

I have been using GP Free version to develop/make a blog in WordPress. I have not launched my blog yet, but have done quite a bit of work on it, i.e., adding posts, About Me page, font sizes and such.

Today, I purchased GP Premium and would like to use the standard GP “Classic” theme/template for my blog. Can I use this template for my blog without losing all of the work I have already done on the Free GP theme? If there a way to “transfer” all of my work and pages and posts from the Free theme to the Premium Classic theme?

If so, how do I do that?

Thank you

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

All your existing pages and posts will be saved when you import any templates from our site library.

Are you wanting the social icons at the bottom of Classic as well? If so you will need to import the demo content as well but you can just delete the demo pages/posts after.

If you don’t want the social icons then simply skipping the import demo content part should be fine.

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Annie

Hi Leo. Thank you for your help.

Can I move the social icons to the top of Classic?

Also, if I change my mind and want to use the standard “tasty” theme/template, does the same hold true that I can transfer all of the work I have done in the GP Free to the GP Premium “Tasty” theme?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Annie,

Importing over top of your existing content is possible, but it will require some un-picking. You’ll need to delete the imported pages and re-set the menus/widgets if you have them.

You can skip the “Import Content” step, which will import the Customizer options only. This may be good enough, but you will need to manually add icons in your preferred widget area. You can add icons into any widget area, including above the header.

To be safe, definitely take a backup of your site before importing anything.

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Annie

Thank you, Tom. I transferred over my work from free version to premium Classic theme last night. There are some adjustments to make and more learning of the new theme to be had, but the transfer did seem to go well.

For any GP user, or person contemplating using GP, reading this post, I will say I did a lot of research re which theme to use before I purchased GP. Several things stood out in my research that people said over and over.

One, GP is lightweight and fast. Yes, it is. Two, the founder and team designed some great themes/templates to use that require little adjustment to be compelling and awesome. That is also correct. Lastly, every review I read said Tom, the founder, and the team work tirelessly to provide GP users any and all help they need. Several reviews said this, “Tom will never let you down.” I believe that is true given they have guided me and answered all of my questions even when I was using the Free version and not yet a paying customer.

No, I am not receiving one penny to share my experience with GP and the team. I can’t say enough good things about GP and the founder and team.

Thank you all,

Annie

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Wow, thank you so much, Annie! I really appreciate the kind words! Really glad you’re enjoying GP, and that the site library import went smoothly.

Let us know if you need anything! πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.