[Resolved] How to show medium archive featured image without creating additional image size

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to show medium archive featured image without creating additional image size

Home Forums Support How to show medium archive featured image without creating additional image size

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pintu

I’m currently using the Archives features images in GP setting and the Media Attachment Size is set to Medium and Width^PX Height^PX are empty. I know the Media ‘Attachment Size’ inside GeneratePress uses WordPress Media Settings.

But is there any way to remove the WordPress Medium size’s Max Width and Max Height (Currently set to 300) and still show the archive features image as medium size?

With the current setting WordPress is cropping every uploaded image to 300x… and generating additional image copies which are unnecessary because the cropped medium-size images are not of any use except for the archive feature images.

I’ve tried to remove the Medium size from the WordPress media setting (https://prnt.sc/NxO7erCcrSak) but then GP won’t show the medium size image for the archive feature image instead, it’ll show the full-size image.

So is there any way to remove the ‘Medium size’ from the WordPress Media setting so that it won’t create duplicate copies with different dimensions and still show medium-size archive feature images?

Or is there any way to only crop the feature image to medium and left the other uploaded image size as it is?

Please come up with a fix as it is increasing my file count.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

just to be clear, what happens on the archives – are you wanting to output a different image attachment size eg. large as long as it’s scaled down to 300px ?

Pintu

No, features images are showing fine but it only works when the WordPress media setting (Medium) is on (300×300) which cropping and adding additional unnecessary images dimension to every uploaded image.

Please read my topic you’ll understand what I’m talking about.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If i had understood i would not have asked the question 🙂

What you asked for i read as this:

1. Tell WordPress to NOT create a Medium size image.
    2. Tell GP to to display the NON=EXISTENT medium size image on archives.

If you don’t want to create the medium size image, then you need to tell GP to load a different size image in the blog settings and set the width value to 300px.

Pintu

Hi, David if I tell WordPress to not create a Medium size image and set the width value to 300px in GP, it’ll resize images using CSS and GP says

These options do not physically resize your images. They will attempt to find an existing image at your set size. If one does not exist, these options will use CSS to resize the image. For performance reasons, you’re better off using the Media Attachment Size option above.

But my original question was is there any way to just resize the feature images to medium (not with CSS) because WordPress resizes every uploaded image?

OR tell WordPress to NOT create a Medium size image for every uploaded image and still show medium size images in GP (without CSS resizing).

Hope I’m more clear this time and pardon me for my broken English. (this is not my mother tongue 🙂 )

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

The answer to your question is not possible.

You can’t ask GP to load an image file that doesn’t exist.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.