[Resolved] How to return to the original premade GeneratePress structure of the frontpage

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to return to the original premade GeneratePress structure of the frontpage

Home Forums Support How to return to the original premade GeneratePress structure of the frontpage

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Carsten

Hi there, I want to return to the original premade GeneratePress structure of the frontpage, to get the HTML tags right.
    As you can see on my frontpage, the structure is messed up, so I need to fix this.

But how do I do that? If I just delete my bloks Should I delete my frontpage, and a new fresh page will be created?

Another option would be to use a premade template which some Gutenberg plugins offer?

I hope my question makes sense.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

there are two types of homepage ( frontpage );

1. a static homepage like you have now that was assigned in Settings > Reading.
    2. it shows your latest posts – if there is no static page assigned.

If you want to redesign the home page, then you can just create a new draft page, build your new design, when you’re happing publish the page, and then set it as your Static Homepage in Settings > Reading.

Carsten

Hi there, thanks for you reply. I was thinking of getting back to scratch, to how the frontpage look like, when you haven’t
    added any blocks yourself. I mean every theme comes with a premade design also GeneratePress?

View post on imgur.com

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So that look is made up of:

a. the default global color, spacing and typography styles.
    Which can be reset in Appearance > GeneratePress BUT…. that will affect the entire site.

b. the Sidebar which can be set in the Customizer > Layout > Sidebars

c. the Latest Posts are being displayed in the content because the Settings > Reading has the homepage set to display them.

Carsten

Hi there, after been a GP customer for years now, I just discovered the Site Library(!), with pre designed templates, which was just what I was looking for.

Thank you, this theme just keep on surprising you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to hear that!

Carsten

Hi there, I have seen the video about using the Site Library, and need some clarification on that. So if you install a site from here, it will still be GP with another look? Does this design only influence the frontpage, or all pages?
    – and what about my custom CSS, will this be deleted, and if not, this will probably not fit into the new site?

I just discovered the Pattern Library now, which is probably more what I was looking for.

Can you make a short explanation about the differences of using the Site Library to the Pattern Library?

Any plans on integrating the Pattern Library into the block editor?

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok πŸ™‚

The Site Library is a full blown wesbite.
    Imaging you create a new website and you want to transfer it to a new domain, you would use some plugins to Export the Site and then Import the Site to the new domain.
    This is effectively what the Site Library does.
    However, it will NOT replace any existing posts or content on your site. Those will remain.
    But you’re correct, your custom development such as custom CSS may not affect the new design. And the new design will not update your existing Static Pages.

Ideally, the Site Library should only be used on a new site. Where there is no content or prebuilt designs.
    If you need it on an existing site, then you can do it, but we recommend you do it on a staging or backup site as repairs may be required.

The Patterns Library which i assume you mean this from GenerateBlocks:

https://generateblocks.com/library/

those are simply content, so you can import them into any page or post or GP Element and they will work.
    If you’re a GenerateBlocks Pro user then you have the Pattern Library in the editor:

https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/pattern-library-overview/

Carsten

Thanks for the clarification.

Sorry, I’m not a GB PRO user, that’s why I don’t see the free Pattern Library either πŸ˜‰

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.