[Resolved] How to Resize featured image on protected page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to Resize featured image on protected page

Home Forums Support How to Resize featured image on protected page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Linda

Hi Support,

I read through all the other posts accessed by searching for “resize featured image on page”. Most were about header or post images.

I have a page accessed only after a product is purchased. I set a featured image, but it is HUGE! I really just want a smallish (that’s the technical term!) image to break up the text that is beneath it.

Is there a way to accomplish this without coding? Could I just use the huge image from Media library,, resize it, save it under a different name and then upload the resized image as the featured one?

Or have I totally misunderstood the whole “featured image” concept and would I be better to just not set one for this page? I don’t think I’ve ever used one before.

Thanks for your help,

Linda

P.S. You won’t be able to see the page from the URL as it’s protected, but I can send a screenshot if you need to see how huge is huge! πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The featured image size can be adjusted globally in the customizer:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adjusting-the-featured-images/

If it’s just that one page you are wanting to modify, then changing the actual image size as you mentioned is probably the easiest method.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Linda

Hi Leo,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

I thought I’d check out your link to see if it might be better to set these images globally. Trouble is I couldn’t find where the settings in the article are located.

UPDATE: Aha! Just found it. I had to click “Customize” at the top of the home page and then Layout -> Blog. So you can ignore all the rest of this note! πŸ™‚ And I tried it out, adjusting the page image size, but still don’t like how the image looks on the page. Instead, I think I’ll just insert the image in the page instead of worrying about a Featured Image for it.

I activated the Blog add-on, but where do I find “Customization – General” shown on the left side of linked article to access Featured Images shown on the right? When I click “customize” in “Appearance” I don’t get the same list.

Apologies if this is a dumb question!

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The options are in the Customizer > Layout > Blog.

Linda

Oops, sorry Leo – you’re too fast for me! You’d replied before I got to tell you my update. And where you said it was is exactly where I found it!

Thanks for your help,

Linda

P.S.I have already left a review. Am I able to leave more than one?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Haha awesome πŸ™‚

I think you can leave more than one review actually. If not WordPress admin will just remove it anyways.

We really appreciate it!

Linda

Good. I’ll leave as many as I want and let WordPress do with them as they will! You guys deserve lots of great reviews: not only is your theme terrific, but your support is outstanding!

A fan,

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Always happy to hear positive feedback.

Glad we’ve been helpful πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.