[Support request] How to optimize Google Pagespeed?

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to optimize Google Pagespeed?

Home Forums Support How to optimize Google Pagespeed?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    arelium

Hello,

I am optimizing my page for mobile Users at this moment and the 3 biggest factors are:
    1. load important conditions first : …webfonts/fa-solid-900.woff2 2.130 ms
    2. Remove resources blocking the rendering : …css/autoptimize_5f1f406….css 1830ms
    …jquery/jquery.js 2.130 ms
    3. Remove not used CSS : …v156…/styles__ltr.css(www.gstatic.com)
    89 KB
    88 KB
    …css/autoptimize_5f1f406….css(www.arelium.de)
    90 KB
    86 KB
    …api2/anchor?ar=…(www.google.com)
    4 KB
    4 KB
    …css/autoptimize_single_20e8953….css(www.arelium.de)
    2 KB
    2 KB

Somehow i can´t find any help online.
    I am using GeneratPress pro, Elementor Pro, Smart Slider3, Autoptimize and WP Super Cache (as the Plugins i think are having to do with this)

Can you help me? Because while the Desktop Score for google is between 80-90 the mobile score is just 30-40 and I need to optimize this…

I googled all of the above but the most recommended stuff is new Plugins that optimize for mobile but i really dont think i need another “speed” Plugin.

Edit: i just noticed that 2 other things are mayor factors:
    1. Minimize overhead on main thread 9,2 Seconds
    2. Reduce the execution time of JavaScript 6,1 Seconds

Uff the mobile optimization really is hard.

Kind Regards
    Lukas

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the first thing to do is clear the Autoptimize and WP Fastest cache and server caches you have to remove any redundant cached files as i can see there multiple autoptimize cached files.

Personally i would not have both cache plugins as they do the same thing and may cause you issues.

Once you cleared the caches let us know and we can take another look

arelium

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
    Sorry that i come back that late.
    I disabled the Super Cache and the Score instantly dropped around 15 points with Google.. But i disabled it for now. I also deleted the Cache.

What should i do now?

Regards
    Lukas

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

better off using something like GT Metrix to generate the report eg.

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.arelium.de/lUkZuQP2

The waterfall will show you what is adding time to your site load.
    I can still see several autoptimize cached CSS / JS files. These need to be combined in the autoptimize settings and its cache needs clearing:

https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

Once that is done you should see a reduced number of requests. Then next step is to look at what other requests can be removed. Are there plugins, fonts ( font varients ) that could be eliminated.

arelium

Thank you, sadly i did everything you said and what is in your guide but the Autoptimze stuff still shows up. Also how is it possible that a font puts 1 second loadtime onto the page?

arelium

Sorry if i seem dumb but i have close to no experience with WebDevelopment.
    I fixed some things and now i got Mobile to 54 and normal jumps between 78 and 84 (before it jumped between 88 and 94)
    Am i missing somethings? The Google Webfont woff2 is somehow using up a lot of space is that normal? I cant find stuff on this in the Internet.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

First thing is to make sure the Autoptimize settings are as displayed here:

https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

Then in its options Clear the Cache. You may also need to check with your host and ask if there is a Server Cache – if there is clear this as well.

When running GT Metrix, sign up for the their free account, then when you run a test you can choose the Server location – select London as its closest to your host, this will give you a more realistic score.

Fonts are being served by google so there is not much you can do to improve the request speed for them. The best thing to do is to minimize the number of fonts / font versions you’re using.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.