[Resolved] How to not darker header image

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to not darker header image

Home Forums Support How to not darker header image

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nick

Im using the generatepress “mellow” theme, and the header seems to automatically darker my images a little for effect. Is there any way to make it NOT do that?
    Example:
    http://ngx249.inmotionhosting.com/~nickke7/
    The image in the header is a few shades darker than the original image.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

go to Appearance > Elements. Edit the Header Element for those pages and remove the background color which is set to overlay image.

Nick

Perfect, thanks!
    Can I also ask, I can I find out what is the ideal image size in pixels to upload for the header shot? It seems that I lose some of the edges of the image.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So best thing to do is adjust the vertical padding used on the page header so it matches the aspect ratio of the image eg.

Divide the original image height by its width. Your image works out to be around 47%.
    So adjust your top and bottom padding so it totals 47%. In your case i would just adjust the bottom padding to 32%.

It may need a little tweaking…

Nick

Thanks, I’ll do some tweaking!

I’m still wondering what size (in pixels) would be ideal for photos to upload for the headers. In this theme, the header image takes up the the whole screen horizontally, which appears to be about 1435 pixels on my screen, but I’m wondering if I should go bigger to account for different screen sizes?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I generally work to 1920px wide as my full image size. That covers the more popular larger screens.

Nick

Thank you!!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.