[Support request] How to modify the read-more link on a particular page?

Home Forums Support How to modify the read-more link on a particular page?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jean-Pol

On a specific page that lists a series of posts from a request (title + thumbnail + excerpt), I want to add as a GET parameter at the end of the URL to the full article (a string with the list of article IDs present on the page).
    At the end of get_the_permalink I can add my settings.

On the other hand, get_the_excerpt automatically generates the “More” button, and there, I do not see how to add my parameter behind the permalink …

I tried to add a filter found on the codex, but it does not change anything …

I need your help here …

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not sure I fully understand. Can you explain a bit more?

Are you wanting to edit the read more link only when the GET parameter is present? Would you be removing it or only tweaking it?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Jean-Pol

Here is my current code, very cleaned. I use the Search & Filter Pro plugin, and I try to modify the display results template.
    On a page, I have in a column my search form and on the right the result of the query created by selecting checkboxes in the search form.
    When my request selects for example 3 posts, I wish, by clicking on the title or more button to open the complete post on a page, with in a column a list containing the 3 titles of the posts of my selection. This allows to navigate in the result of my selection …
    I was wondering how to move the list of posts from my selection from one page to another … I imagined by a variable GET, but there is perhaps a better solution, simpler, or more elegant …

<?php
    /**
     * Search & Filter Pro template
     */
    // GET ALL THE IDS OF THE SEARCH RESULT 
    if ($query->max_num_pages == 1) {
        $idsurl = '?ids=';
        while ($query->have_posts()) {
            $query->the_post();
            $idsurl .= get_the_ID() . ',';
        }
        $idsurl = rtrim($idsurl, ',');
    }
    // DISPLAY THE SEARCH RESULT AND PASS ALL THE IDS TO THE SINGLE POST PAGE IN GET URL ATTRIBUTE 
    if ($query->have_posts()) {

while ($query->have_posts()) {
            $query->the_post();
            ?>
    <div>
        <h2><a href="<?php the_permalink(); // ADD HERE THE IDS IN THE URL
            echo $idsurl; ?>"><?php the_title();?></a></h2>
        <p><?php the_excerpt(); // HOW ADD THE IDS IN THE MORE BUTTON URL ????   ?>
        </p> 
    </div>
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    Jean-Pol

I found a solution using $_SESSION (and the WP session manager plugin), instead of $_GET.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Glad you got something working πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.