[Support request] How to modify the read-more link on a particular page?

Home Forums Support How to modify the read-more link on a particular page?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jean-Pol

On a specific page that lists a series of posts from a request (title + thumbnail + excerpt), I want to add as a GET parameter at the end of the URL to the full article (a string with the list of article IDs present on the page).
    At the end of get_the_permalink I can add my settings.

On the other hand, get_the_excerpt automatically generates the “More” button, and there, I do not see how to add my parameter behind the permalink …

I tried to add a filter found on the codex, but it does not change anything …

I need your help here …

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not sure I fully understand. Can you explain a bit more?

Are you wanting to edit the read more link only when the GET parameter is present? Would you be removing it or only tweaking it?

Let me know 🙂

Jean-Pol

Here is my current code, very cleaned. I use the Search & Filter Pro plugin, and I try to modify the display results template.
    On a page, I have in a column my search form and on the right the result of the query created by selecting checkboxes in the search form.
    When my request selects for example 3 posts, I wish, by clicking on the title or more button to open the complete post on a page, with in a column a list containing the 3 titles of the posts of my selection. This allows to navigate in the result of my selection …
    I was wondering how to move the list of posts from my selection from one page to another … I imagined by a variable GET, but there is perhaps a better solution, simpler, or more elegant …

<?php
    /**
     * Search & Filter Pro template
     */
    // GET ALL THE IDS OF THE SEARCH RESULT 
    if ($query->max_num_pages == 1) {
        $idsurl = '?ids=';
        while ($query->have_posts()) {
            $query->the_post();
            $idsurl .= get_the_ID() . ',';
        }
        $idsurl = rtrim($idsurl, ',');
    }
    // DISPLAY THE SEARCH RESULT AND PASS ALL THE IDS TO THE SINGLE POST PAGE IN GET URL ATTRIBUTE 
    if ($query->have_posts()) {

while ($query->have_posts()) {
            $query->the_post();
            ?>
    <div>
        <h2><a href="<?php the_permalink(); // ADD HERE THE IDS IN THE URL
            echo $idsurl; ?>"><?php the_title();?></a></h2>
        <p><?php the_excerpt(); // HOW ADD THE IDS IN THE MORE BUTTON URL ????   ?>
        </p> 
    </div>
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    Jean-Pol

I found a solution using $_SESSION (and the WP session manager plugin), instead of $_GET.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Glad you got something working 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.