How to modify the font-size in the main menu (nav section) and the whole site ?

Home Forums Support How to modify the font-size in the main menu (nav section) and the whole site ?

Home Forums Support How to modify the font-size in the main menu (nav section) and the whole site ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Denis

Hello
    I recently started a WP personal site and I am using GP premium, satisfy with this extension.
    I would like to change the general font-size settings of the whole site for a smaller one, respecting the default hierarchy. How to do that ?
    Same question for font-size of the the navigation section (main menu): I would like to show 10 pages titles in a single line : but I have noticed that, on several PC screens, the font-size and/or space between elements make that these titles pages appear on two line instead of only one.
    Is that possible to fix these issues and how ?
    I am using Firefox version 38.0.1 to edit the website and firefug 2.0.9 inspector
    Can you please help me to find a response in your forum or is that a new question ?
    Thank you in advance for your assistance;
    Best regards

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Since you have GP Premium, you can do this easily using the Typography add-on.

First, make sure it’s activated in “Appearance > GeneratePress”.

Then go to “Appearance > Customize > Typography”.

In there, you will find font size sliders for the body element (site-wide font), as well as the navigation, and much more.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

robmac

Hi Tom,

I’ll reuse an an old thread, rather than add another.

re Main Menu – I’ve struck a problem on one of my sites. I do the usual “Appearance; Customize; Typography”, it changes in the preview fine, I then save, but the font size does not adjust on the actual site.

I’ve switched off all my plugins [save Google analytics, which I can’t see been the issue], but no luck.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you & Regards,
    Robert

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Robert,

Can you provide a link to your site where it’s not working?

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Rob,

The typography feature seems to work/save for me? Just tried it on changing it a couple times:
    http://www.screencast.com/t/taE70BkeN

Looks like you have a caching plugin activated so I think it’s caused by that.

Give it another shot and see if it works?

EDIT: sorry you meant font size. Testing again now…

Let me know.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like you are importing the wrong stylesheet in your child theme. Try importing this one instead: style.css?ver=1.3.46

Or I don’t think you need a child theme since there’s nothing in it?

Let me know.

robmac

Thank you, I’ve been able to fix it. Thanks again!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re very welcome 🙂

Sophie

Hello,

I have GP Premium. It’s installed on my domain (I probably installed it a couple of years ago), and on a subdomain (I created it a month ago).
    The domain looks the way I want it to.
    On the subdomain, I can’t seem to do some of things I want to, including increase the font size of the primary navigation menu.
    I’ve been here: Appearance > Customize > Typography and there are no font sliders.

I can’t understand why the add-ons do different things in different places, and I have fewer options now than two years ago…
    Any ideas?

Thank you in advance! I love the theme, which is why I’ve used it on 3 sites so far.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can open a new topic and link us to the pages in question?

Thanks!

Sophie

Hi Leo,

I went to open a new topic, checked what version of GP Premium I had, updated it, and lo and behold! I can see the font sliders.
    Sorry to waste your time, and thank you very much for such a speedy response.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem!

Glad you figured out 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.