Cyber Week Sale! Get $20 off GP Premium, $40 off our new Lifetime license, and 45% off license renewals/extensions! Learn more

[Resolved] How to Mimic What you did on Generatepress.com

Home Forums Support How to Mimic What you did on Generatepress.com

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Nicholas Hughes.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas Hughes

I hate to be a copier, but your site really rocks and i like the following:

– secondary menus to the right of your logo
    – SM buttons to the right of your main menu
    – the “connect” in footer #3
    – the big beautiful buttons in footer 1 & 2
    – the “contact us” stuck to the left of the page
    – how to formate the CSS for bbpress
    – and the different color right side bar blocks

Could you share any of your secrets of how you did these? If not that is ok, just asking…

Thanks, Nicholas

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you like it! 🙂

I suggest using Firefox and the “Firebug” extension. It will allow you to view the HTML and CSS of many of these elements, which you can take and make your own.

1. Secondary menu is using our Secondary Nav addon.
    2. http://www.generatepress.com/forums/topic/menu-social-icons/
    3. This is using my “Lightweight Social Icons” plugin (free), and MailChimp to generate the form.
    4. http://www.generatepress.com/forums/topic/buttons-on-addon-page/#post-12477
    5. Firebug will show you the way – just an image with position:fixed;top:40%; set in the CSS.
    6. This was quite a bit of work, but you can find all of the CSS in the stylesheet – if it has bbpress in the class name/ID, then you probably want it 🙂
    7. Firebug will show you this as well – this is the CSS taken directly from the site:

#text-5, #text-6 {
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #1e72bd;
        color: #fff;
        padding: 0;
    }

You’ll see I targeted the specific widget (each widget is assigned a unique ID), and then I applied styles to it.

Hope this gets you started 🙂

Nicholas Hughes

thanks, your so very helpful!
    Love the theme, it really has given me no end of pleasure using and showing others and i will start converting my clients to your theming engine!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.