How to match header size to header image size

Home Forums Support How to match header size to header image size

Home Forums Support How to match header size to header image size

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tully

I am using a header image, but only a small height of the image was showing, so I adjusted the header bottom spacing until it is all showing. However, when viewed on different sized screens (ie. mobile) there is now a huge gap below the header due to the 400 pixel bottom spacing I have set on it, which works on desktop.

Is there a way to have the header size automatically adjust to the size of the header image?

Also, I am working on my site offline using Wamp, so can’t really show it to you, but if you check out http://www.campaspeworkingdogs.com (my current website using dreamweaver) you will see how I want it to look (I am making pretty much an exact copy lookalike in wordpress). Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds like you’re using a background image.

To make the background image cover the area regardless of screen size, choose the “Cover” option under “Size”.

However, I suggest adding it as a static image in “Customize > Site Identity”.

That way the image will always be responsive.

Leon

I’m working on a new site and have a similar issue. But I don’t see what you mean by adding a static image in “Customize > Site Identity”. All I see there is a place for the logo image.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That should be the place to add your image.

If this doesn’t help, any chance you can link me to the page in question?

Feel free to open a new topic as well as this one is from 2016.

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.