[Support request] How to make featured post featured image to be full width? not thumbnail

Home Forums Support How to make featured post featured image to be full width? not thumbnail

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    FJ Solutions

H there, I set the option to show the first post to be featuted but is using the same image size as the rest of the post in columns below. Is there a way to update this? maybe applying a filter?

Thanks for your help!
    Santiago

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

We don’t have a solid solution for this at the moment, unfortunately.

You need to set your featured image sizing to something that works in the featured post, then use CSS to resize the images down in the other posts.

I’m actively trying to come up with a good solution 🙂

FJ Solutions

Hi Tom, i understand thanks for your quick answer, hope you implement that in a future update, the theme is great. The problem is that i want the featured post to be full width, and it wouldn’t be good for page speed at all if it loads all the rest of images in full size width.
    I could find a solution if there is a way to offset at least by one the post listing query so i can custom code the latest post and insert it as an Element.

Thanks for your help,
    Santiago

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could do that using a plugin like WP Show Posts. Might be worth checking out 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.