[Resolved] How to make equal height columns

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to make equal height columns

Home Forums Support How to make equal height columns

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Erman

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here on GeneratePress and it’s also my first time using both WP and GeneratePress.

I guess my ask might be really basic, but having no prior experience I had a hard time finding the answer on YouTube and in this forum. Even though there are a lot of posts on this topic, I’d really appreciate it if someone would explain it to me like I’m 5 years old.

On my newly created webpage, under the URL https://alltomhusdjur.com/kaniner/, I’d like to have the cards in each column be of same height.

Are there any functions in the Gutenberg editor to set this up or is it only possible using custom CSS?

Would really appreciate some guidance here.

All the best!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The minimum height option for the container should be what you are looking for:
    https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/container-overview/#spacing

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Erman

Hi Leo,

Thank you so much for your quick reply! Appreciate it.

I just tried adjusting the minimum height. However, it sets the height too high.

You can see how it looks right now at https://alltomhusdjur.com/kaniner/. It’s not exactly what I was looking to accomplish.

Would you have any other ideas?

Erman

Edit;

Just to clarify – I’d like the cards to be of the same height as the vertically tallest card. In addition, I’d like the CTA button aligned to the bottom of the card as well.

Hope this clarifies my request.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Iโ€™d like the cards to be of the same height as the vertically tallest card.

There isn’t a way to do this automatically but you can manually adjust minimum height to be the same as the tallest card.

In addition, Iโ€™d like the CTA button aligned to the bottom of the card as well.

We can help with some CSS once the first part is achieved.

Erman

Alright! So, I’ve set the minimum height to 45% and currently it seems to be doing the trick.

However, with this solution, I will have to change the minimum height each time I add a blog post with a longer Title than the other posts. Seems like there should be a way to have all the columns dynamically take on the same height as the tallest column.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Typically, the post title lengths shouldn’t be vary that much.

So in this case, I would recommend to set a minimum height that’s bigger than the tallest card height to accommodate all future posts as well.

Erman

You’re actually right on that. I’ll play around with it as I’ll post more and more on the blog ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you for you help, Leo! Really appreciate it.

All the best!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.