[Resolved] How to make child theme page template for a landing page?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to make child theme page template for a landing page?

Home Forums Support How to make child theme page template for a landing page?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Arp

The only option in disable elements is the title. So I’ve had to go into elements to exclude them from multiple pages. It would be easier to create an old school page template so I can select Landing Page as template from a meta box in the edit page (this meta box is not visible currently).

I took a look at single.php but I wondered if removing the calls for the header & footer would mess anything up.

Arp

(I do know to use a child theme, which I’m doing already.)

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The only option in disable elements is the title

That’s the option for free theme users, make sure you activate the Disable elements module at appearance > GeneratePress to gain the access to other disable elements in the page editor.

Arp

Ah – you’re right. I usually activate all the modules when building a site and then disable what I don’t need before launch. Thank you for tolerating my stupidity!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Haha no worries, it happens all the time 😛

Arp

This doesn’t work for custom elements, like block element footers.

Is there a way to create an old-school, WordPress page template? Basically what I’d like is to have something like distraction-free checkout pages (except I’m not using WooCommerce).

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That’s certainly possible (depending on what page)

See this:
    https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/template-files-section/page-template-files/#creating-a-custom-page-template-for-one-specific-page

You basically have to name the page template w/ the ID to be accurate.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.