[Support request] How to get settings from Dev Site to Live Site?

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to get settings from Dev Site to Live Site?

Home Forums Support How to get settings from Dev Site to Live Site?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sonja

On a dev website, i have instaled marketer site and have made some changes in customizer and additional css.

Which is the best way, to get these settings to a live site, which have already many posts?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Marketer is quite simple in its setup so should be do-able – you could try the following:

1. Use the GP Export Function to get all the GP Settings (check all except the GeneratePress Site) from the ‘marketer’ site.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/import-export-overview/
    2. Push your live to site to a staging environment.
    3. Import the GP settings to staging site
    4. Copy and Paste the Additional CSS from the ‘marketer’ site into your staging site.
    5. Check there are no conflicts – e.g is there any old CSS thats not required.

If happy push the staging site live.

Sonja

Thanks, my provider have no staging site funktionality. But i will try thiy manually, if the site is ready.

By the way: do you think, that a new theme will affect the rankings of the site?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Only the styling will change, it won’t affect your content or links so no harm to SEO.

Sonja

The Layout from the Startpage will change a lot. At the moment, there is a magazine layout with many posts from different categories. Also a slider.

But if i switch to GP + marketer site, the starpage will be just like a normal blog. So there are a lot of changes, because the startsite will have less links to posts.

I hope that ths will be no problem.

Do you know, when the WPSP Pro with the new card and carousel funktionality will be released? And will there be a documentation to set this up?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Importing the settings and CSS won’t effect any of the content or the plugins you are already using on existing pages, so they should remain in place and be unaffected, the only issue maybe where sidebars are added or the layout is changed.

We’re expecting to release 1.0 real soon. Alpha testing so far has been real positive. If you’re a Pro user then you can download 1.0 Alpha from your Account. We’re building a docs library for WPSP which you can see the start of it here in the Support pages:

https://wpshowposts.com

Sonja

OK, thanks. Yes, i am a pro user and i would like to put a Carousel with handpicked posts above the first post of marketer, so that it look kind of like a magazine.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats going to be super simple to do. We will announce when WPSP 1.0 goes live in the GeneratePress Facebook group.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.