[Resolved] How to get rid of whitespace above the blog entry

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to get rid of whitespace above the blog entry

Home Forums Support How to get rid of whitespace above the blog entry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bartosz

Hi. On https://Dufnet.com you will see how the blog entry excerpts have a lot of white space above, between the excerpt and title

In the code I have this:

.entry-content:not(:first-child), .entry-summary:not(:first-child), .page-content:not(:first-child) { margin-top: 2em;
    }

When I change the 2em value to 0 the space is gone and it looks just how I want it, but I can’t change this anywhere in the customisation options.

Please help

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

go to Customizer > Layout > Container and try reducing the Content Separator size to less than 2em.

Bartosz

Hi. I tried that but it only moves the title, not the top paragraph like the CSS change that I mentioned above. Anything I could do with additional CSS perhaps?

This space really bothers me and I need to move that content up

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

To clarify: You mean this space? – https://share.getcloudapp.com/kpuw60WP

If so, unfortunately, this can’t be controlled w/ what’s on the customizer UI the settings there control the margin between content areas, not the contents.

And yeah, you’ll have to adjust that using the custom CSS method you’ve previously used.

Bartosz

Yes, this space.

When I put this code .entry-content:not(:first-child), .entry-summary:not(:first-child), .page-content:not(:first-child) { margin-top: 2em;
    }

into the additional CSS and change the margin-top: 0em; nothing changes. Can you advise?

Thanks

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

into the additional CSS and change the margin-top: 0em; nothing changes. Can you advise?

That’s actually the way to go.

.entry-content:not(:first-child), .entry-summary:not(:first-child), .page-content:not(:first-child) { 
    margin-top: 0em;
    }

Also, I’ve noticed that you’re using WP Fastest Cache. You may have to clear the cache after making changes for the CSS to apply on the live site.

Bartosz

ok, thanks, it worked

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.