[Resolved] How to embed/write basic php in generatepress html ?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to embed/write basic php in generatepress html ?

Home Forums Support How to embed/write basic php in generatepress html ?

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    michael

I have successfully entered the the html of my home page in my home page generatepress html editor, including displayed text.

Everything works fine.

I try to add more text using simple php statement: “<?php echo “Hi there.”; ?>”

Nothing displays… PLEASE HELP!!! I am new to WordPress, I must understand this before I can create my own Form.

I am testing to be able to create my own Contact Form using generatepress.com suggestion:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-build-your-own-wordpress-contact-form-and-why/&#8221;

… the php statements are not being processed.

Thanks,

Michael

michael

(this is an addition to my above post)

…I am trying to create a “Contact Form” on my Home Page, as only one of several parts on my page.

On this Home Page I have 1) Hero, 2) Text, 3) Text, 4) Text, 5) Contact Form, 6) About.

I do not want to a separate page for my “form”.

How do I do this using GeneratePress, Mellow SiteLibrary child theme?

Thanks,

Michael

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

WordPress will not execute PHP that is added via the editor.

Instead you could call your template using a Shortcode. Example function for creating shortcode:

function your_form_shortcode() {
       ob_start();
       get_template_part('your_form_template');
       return ob_get_clean();   
    } 
    add_shortcode( 'form_shortcode', 'your_form_shortcode' );
    michael

(Michael from above, more details on my issue)

My “Contact Form” HTML code on my Home Page that is not working
    (Note that this is not a separate form page, but rather a Form Section on my Home Page.
    This is a direct copy from “https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-build-your-own-wordpress-contact-form-and-why/&#8221; begining with line “<style type=”text/css”>”

I am not getting an actual error number, rather the PHP code is not being substituted for values and instead the PHP statement is being displayed along with labels.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<span id=”signup-title” class=”section-title”>Signup</span>
    <hr id=”signup-title-underline”>

<p>• Sign-up is Optional.</p>
    <p>• All Fields are Optional.</p>
    <p>• The more info you give, the more you can help IMPROVE the game.<br>
      –THANK YOU</p>
    <p>• If you would like to receive Email, you must enter your Email Address.</p>
    <style type=”text/css”>
    .error{
    padding: 5px 9px;
    border: 1px solid red;
    color: red;
    border-radius: 3px;
    }

.success{
    padding: 5px 9px;
    border: 1px solid green;
    color: green;
    border-radius: 3px;
    }

form span{
    color: red;

margin-left: 30% !important;
    }
    </style>

<?php echo $response; ?>
    <form action=”<?php the_permalink(); ?>” method=”post”>
    <p><label for=”name”>Name: <input type=”text” name=”message_name” value=”<?php echo esc_attr($_POST[‘message_name’]); ?>”></label></p>
    <p><label for=”message_email”>Email: <input type=”text” name=”message_email” value=”<?php echo esc_attr($_POST[‘message_email’]); ?>”></label></p>
    <p><label for=”message_text”>Message: <textarea type=”text” name=”message_text”><?php echo esc_textarea($_POST[‘message_text’]); ?></textarea></label></p>
    <p><label for=”message_human”>Human Verification: <input type=”text” style=”width: 60px;” name=”message_human”> + 3 = 5</label></p>
    <input type=”hidden” name=”submitted” value=”1″>
    <p><input type=”submit”></p>
    </form>

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

As i said – you cannot add PHP to the editor – WordPress will NOT execute it.
    If you create the template as that article explains you can then use the Shortcode i provided to call that template.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.